Sunday, January 5, 2014

where can i find shoes good for diabetics?

best athletic shoes diabetics
 on ... running-shoes-for-diabetic-shoes-good-athletics-diabetic-shoes-designs
best athletic shoes diabetics image



Doc





Answer
I agree that nursing shoes are good, but I don't recommend crocks or other "open" shoes because they don't protect your feet well enough. Try more of an athletic style nursing or orthopedic shoe.

I'm both a type 1 diabetic and a nurse, and I recommend "Element" or "Groove" style shoes made by ScrubZone.

A question for all runners (CC, Track, marathon, leisure....) who have a 'disability' please answer?




Senator D*


Okay, so I am a senior in high school and I ran for the CC team this year, but I am also a type 1 diabetic. This idiot, for a lack of a better title, in the athletic director's office told my coach that I shouldn't be on the team because I am sick and unstable. I have very good control of my sugar and I told her that I wasn't "sick" and I asked what qualified as sick to her, and she said people who are disabled like diabetics and people with asthma and glasses. People with cerbreal palsy and other things. She is a monster. There is a wonderful girl a grade younger than me who has CP, and she is a starter in soccer. She walks a little odd when she is just walking around, but on the playing field, you would never be able to tell she had anything at all. She is manipulative, she put me on the ineligible list at least once (you have to be failing 2 classes) when my lowest grade was a B-, and would even try to start things between me and my team members
What I want to do is find everyone on this site who has a 'disbaility' as listed by her standards and show this to her. I don't care if I get into trouble. She can't manipulate people who have any kind of illness. It is discrimination to the highest extent and it feels like she is trying to blackmail me. Please tell me if you have any form of diability and how you don't let it become an obstacle in what you love to do. I mean, I am a Varsity CC runner. I love doing it, and I am good at it. She is trying to take it away from me. Please stand with me.



Answer
That person is an idiot. No wonder people get discouraged and feel they can't achieve their goals. People like this shouldn't be involved. Did you watch the Ironman this weekend? A 50 year old guy competed that is blind. There was a guy with no lower half of his legs, a guy who had been in a major car accident and almost died, but came back dispite all his injuries and competed in his first ironman, a woman fell off her bike and broke he shoulder and kept on racing, a guy was throwing up again and again while racing and kept going till he couldn't go any longer. I was just at a marathon and watched an 80 year old woman finish with no shoes.

If these people can do it, you can do it. Your "disability" is minor compared to these people. If you have to courage and desire to achieve, don't give up!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: where can i find shoes good for diabetics?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment