Monday, January 6, 2014

Why are there no good samaritans in New York City? Is it because NYC is full of self absorbed liberals?

best women running shoes 2010
 on Best Adidas Running Shoes:adidas Womens Marathon TR 10 Running Shoe ...
best women running shoes 2010 image



Why Don't


http://hotair.com/archives/2010/04/25/video-the-disturbing-story-of-the-good-samaritan/


Watch and be sickened...



Answer
I hope I don't offend you, but I am not surprised or terribly upset by this video, and I understand why some people would not help. About nine years ago I was packing for a trip when there was a knock on my door. I opened it, and there was my neighbor, naked. She was obviously battered and bruised, and she was crying and barely coherent. She told me her boyfriend had just beaten and raped her and was holding their five-month-old baby girl hostage. I got her a blanket and called 911. What followed was a nightmare.

My home was surrounded by police officers and detectives. My yard was declared a crime scene and cordoned off with yellow tape. I was forbidden to leave my living room. I was interrogated by the police like I was a criminal, first by one officer and then by another. They played the good cop/bad cop thing, one being really nice to me and one treating me like I was garbage and yelling at me and threatening me with being charged with a crime if I lied. I was home alone and very confused and frightened, and I was angry at the police for playing this game with me.

When the investigation was over, guess what happened? The woman was arrested because it turns out she beat the shet out of her boyfriend so badly he had to go to the hospital, and he locked her out to keep her from attacking the baby. She was naked because she was too stoned to bother with clothing. The "good cop" followed up with me later and explained the whole thing to me.

Would I have left the man in the street? No, of course not! I would have at least called 911, and most probably would have sat down in the street next to him to try to comfort him until help came. But I might have regretted it, based on the experience above.

The world is complicated, and people are cold, callous and indifferent to the sufferings of others. Video games, movies, television and the secularization of society is the reason why. The second reason is nice people who will lay their lives on the line for someone else get tired of being pushed around and taken advantage of, and when they decide to draw the line and say no more, the world gets a little lonelier. I am neither callous nor tired of being pushed around. I am cynical and jaded and I never believe what I read and rarely believe what I see.

(I never got my blanket back either.)

Please fast forward seven years. Same neighborhood, different house. My husband woke me up in the middle of the night saying, "There's a woman laying on our lawn!" I did not believe him, but he assured me there was. He said he was awakened by her crying for help. I ripped the blanket off the bed and told him to take it to her, as it was only 12 degrees that night. Then I called 911 as I ran downstairs.

There was indeed a woman laying on our front lawn, without shoes or a coat. She was crying very faintly, "Help me." We don't know how long she had been there or how much longer she would be able to survive that kind of exposure. Her cries were very weak. The 911 operator wanted me to give her medical information on the woman. I said I did not know her and was not capable of assessing her condition. I was pissed as hell at the operator and scared to death and just wanted the cops to get there.

The cops came. Seven cruisers full of cops. One ambulance. One fire truck. They pulled the cars up to our front porch and one deputy proceeded to yell at me for not taking the woman in my house. I told her the house was mine and I will decide who enters it. The cops retrieved the woman from the lawn, calling her by name and making fun of her. It turns out they know each other. The woman is a methadone and OxyContin addict who had wandered off in her delirium. Their interest in helping her was basically zero. I went to the police cruiser and made sure she was covered, and I had to insist that the deputies cover her feet. I tried to calm her down, as she was frightened and crying.

Before the cops took off, I told my husband I wanted my blanket back. I lost a blanket many years before during the previous incident, and I didn't want to lose another. My blankets are $100 each. My husband went to get it back from the deputy, and she told him it was filthy after touching that woman and he should sanitize it. That's lovely. I didn't think she was dirty at all.

This lady very well could have died on our lawn, and by the grace of God my husband heard her cries. I would not have heard her, and my dogs did not alert us. Later we found out other neighbors saw her there but didn't want to get involved.

I'm thankful and grateful to God we helped her. I'm not grateful that the neighbors watched the whole thing like we're circus freaks, and I'm not grateful for the scolding the cops gave us, a lawn job courtesy of their cruiser, and the sleepless night.

I'm also not thankful that the next day the woman was returned home and found nearly dead in the middle of the street

Girls/ladies, what makes you wear belts?




Steven


I'm a guy, and mostly guys wear belts if their pants/shorts/jeans are loose (I'm the opposite because I like belts) I know that mostly girls wear them as an accessory, but I am curious since girls/ladies have different body figures, perhaps there are other reasons why you wear them. Do you like wearing them for feeling (like a snug belt around the hips) or is it as simple to look nice?
The earlier answer who laughed about the idea of wearing them for feeling comfortable is actually my main question.

I've wondered when I people (or girl watch in this case!) if wearing belts could have the same feelings like wearing bras/panties, make a girl be more sexier. When I see a skinny girl wear a good sized leather belt very sung low on hips in her tiny shorts or a curvier lady with a belt a decent size and similar visual effect.

Is my perception different than the reality? Could a girl wear them or the feeling of comfort?



Answer
Your perception isn't off. Belts do serve a purpose (other than just current trends/ styles) for girls and boys (as well as women and men), to train the body/ mind to stay in alignment. I was first made aware of this at age 3, when I took my first ballet class. A young ballet dancer must always be prepared for class with the proper leotard, tights, ballet slippers, hair secured in a 'ballerina bun', and a dance belt.

Beginners, as well as seasoned professionals, use a dance belt which may be a simple string, a long shoe lace, a rope or "official" ballet dance belt, which is elastic. This is worn so the dancer is reminded to keep her body in alignment with level hips and straight shoulders; both should be in-line with the belt. Most dancers wear the belt (even if it's a simple string) during clas

Title Post: Why are there no good samaritans in New York City? Is it because NYC is full of self absorbed liberals?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment