Saturday, June 7, 2014

New running shoes and hip pain?




janitor_ha


I've been running for 2 years now,5-6 times a week,my runs range from 4-7 miles,i've never had any issues with any kind of pain.Last week I bought a pair of Nike Dual Fusion running shoes,and on the first run my left leg had pain in it.And if eventually progressed to pretty bad left hip pain.Took 3 days off from running,and the pain was gone yesterday so I ran 4 miles.Felt good.Woke up this morning and my left hip is pretty darn sore again.Could it be these shoes are cuaseing me the pain? I just paid $70 for them and have worn them on 7 runs with a total of 34 miles on them...


Answer
You may be dealing with an IT band irritation like ITBS because the shoes aren't giving you the proper stability or cushioning like your old ones. Or they may be too firm and that is causing the issue.

$70 is really cheap for a pair of shoes. If you are a regular runner you should be going with a much better quality shoe (especially a better brand than Nike). I really dislike Nike for long distance running because they don't make any good long distance running shoes. They make good track shoes or cheapo shoes for people who don't do serious running or serious miles. But they aren't the best shoe for people who are serious about running and log a decent amount of milage.

A good idea would be to go to a running store (not just a sporting goods store) and have them put you on a treadmill (bring the Nikes) and see how the Nikes are cushioning your foot, then try on some more quality brands like Asics, Brooks, Mizuno's, Saucny's etc.
If you are a serious runner you should go for a higher quality shoe. Anything too much under $100 is really just meant for fashion, not function.

Try to see if the store you bought them from will take them back. I know many running stores allow returns on shoes that cause injury.

-Connor

Spoiledvey:When a 7 year old comes downstairs and declairs she is going to run away...?




Watermelon


...because she doesn't feel like eating salad, is it time to take all her clothes, shoes, and toys away and tell her to buy her own?

*fuming right now*
Her dad and I handled it. She put her clothes away, and of course I won't make her go naked.
She has to learn-she don't make the rules here! I am not her friend. I am her parent.
She is eating her salad as I type.



Answer
I tell my daughter...
"She doesn't have to like it...she just has to eat it. I'm the adult and she's the child."
It's worked for 10 years with her and 20 years with my son. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: New running shoes and hip pain?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment