Friday, June 6, 2014

What is the style/fashion in 2013/2014?

Q. for winter, fall, spring, summer


Answer
Style 101: What are the top fall/winter fashion trends for 2013?
Jennifer McLeodFashion Modeling Examiner

October 7, 2013
The fall season marks the beginning of cooler temperatures and preparation for the upcoming holidays. The Huffington Post, Glamour, Harperâs Bazaar and Cosmopolitan help modern muses stay in vogue through fall/winter's hottest trends.

Winter White
On the runway this season, head-to-toe winter white makes one of the strongest impressions. Derek Lam, Proenza Schouler and Tommy Hilfiger notes this easy to assemble season-spanning shade, is a no-brainer addition to the most wearable trends list. Glamour magazine notes, when the temperature's low, the tendency is to reach for dark colors, but why not grab a winter white piece instead? A chic coat fits in at the office, and denim works for the weekend. Do save flouncy pieces for spring by choosing weather-appropriate staples such as chunky knits, heavier materials and designs that make sense in autumn.

Lady Fairytale
Erotically charged is fall-winter 2013/2014's lady. Collections show lingerie inspired pieces featuring romance and mystery in capes, high necks and grand silhouettes. Robes of cardinals, monks, nuns and priests are the inspiration behind some of the season's most note-worthy shows.

Academically-Inspired
Back-to-school is synonymous with fall, collections by Tory Burch saw crisp button-ups layered underneath cardigans worn with tweed pants, Chanel dresses up tweed in their Haute Couture collection through skirts and suits while Alice + Olivia runs with argyle and plaid. Patterns are classic; pinstripes and leopard make appearances on the runway while houndstooth is a breakout star.

50 Shades of Gray, Blue and Green
Not everything is black or white. Fall's runways are rife with the in-between, from charcoal to slate, consider it the new neutral. The fall 2013 runways showcase a wide range of cool blue hues, from navy to Valentino's cobalt jumpsuit to Prada's ladylike sky-blue gingham sheath, while declared the âitâ color of 2013, emerald and shades of green appear in collections by Phillip Lim, Pantone, and Carolina Herrera.

Vintage Inspired-Mod-Mini Dresses-Pleated Skirts-Autumn Florals-Grunge
Diana Argon showcases Marc Jacobs spring/summer take on floral patterns in â50s style, while the '60s mod era influences capes, thigh-high boots and Twiggy-inspired mini-dresses. Calvin Klein and Celine borrow from theâ70s and early â80s with their high waists and pleats, while the grunge spirit of the '90s fits right into the mold of fallâs tough-girl approach to layered styling shown at Rodarte.

Leather
Some of the best fashion houses from Chanel to Vionnett show this season's rebel woman with wardrobe including zips, chains and studs. Leather embellishments and details appear on collars, blouses, t-shirts, jackets, skirts and pants.

Accessories- Shoes-Outerwear
Finally, designers spared no angular line or boxy shape in their new structural bags and
handheld accessories. Itâs been more than a few years since thigh-high boots re-introduced themselves, while smaller heels, color blocking and flats make appearances complimenting hats, gloves and statement coats for go-to trends of the season.

and...

Top Spring Summer Ladies Fashion Trends for 2014
By : Georgia Warren
http://www.fibre2fashion.com/industry-article/50/4927/top-spring-summer-ladies-fashion-trends-for-20141.asp

I don't know what shoes to get for my graduation?! HELP!?

Q. So my grad is quite aways from now but I like to have everything organized and in advanced so I know how everything will look and turn out except I'm having a dilemma with what kind of shoes to get to match my dress..

This is my dress:
http://alyceparis.com/prom/alyce-prom-dresses-2013/silky-chiffon-strapless-prom-dress-6084.html

So I know silver sparkly shoes would probably look really good but almost EVERY girl always wears them and I don't really want to. I mean, I obviously will if they look the best but I want to ask your guys opinion on what others color shoes might look good or if I should just go with silver. I was thinking something like purple or pink even?

Examples:
Pink - http://www.amazon.com/Enzo-Angiolini-Womens-Showyou-Peep-Toe/dp/B006ZI6A2S/ref=sr_1_8?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1351656545&sr=1-8&keywords=peep+toe+heels
or
http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Sequins-Shoes-Glamour-Pumps/dp/B009DQ4GO8/ref=sr_1_6?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1351656695&sr=1-6&keywords=peep+toe+heels
The above link in the colors you can see the pink and silver shoes which I could get.
I havent really found a good example of a nice lavender or purple shoe I like yet so if anyone could show me some links to some, or give me some links to really good shoe stores that I could order from too would be helpful. Thank you!
Maybe even a blue like the blue in the beading just under the bust of the dress?


Answer
I'm graduating this year too! And like you, I'm already thinking about what I'll be wearing to graduation, prom, etc. I love planning ahead, lol. Alright, so, I'm assuming you're choosing the white dress as that's the typical color for graduation dresses - if I'm wrong, I'll update this with suggestions for whatever color you choose! And as you know, with the ugly gown covering your dress, your shoes are going to be a main focus point. I really love the 4 inch sequined silver shoes, which as you said would perfectly match everything. You also have to take into consideration you don't want your shoes to class with your graduation gown, such as wearing pink shoes with ... I dunno, I really can't think of any suggestions, but I'm sure you understand what I mean. Other alternatives are even making your own shoes. Find a pump or flat that you like, and turn it into a glitter shoe in whatever color you prefer. (http://joythebaker.com/2012/05/how-to-make-summer-city-shoes/) Maybe create a design on whatever shoe you choose to make it your own. Sorry this isn't much more help, it's late here and I'm running on caffeine. cx Good luck with choosing though, and Class of 2013 all the way. ;D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the style/fashion in 2013/2014?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment