Sunday, August 11, 2013

How many miles should I get out of my running shoes?

best running shoes knees
 on Museum Shop Gifts :: Viewing 1601 to 1608 out of 2396 Product(s) [View ...
best running shoes knees image



Steve P


I'm a very large framed runner and I remember being told that you should get about 100 miles out of a good pair of running shoes for an average build. I am about 235 lbs. and I find my knees and back start to bother me after about 50 miles of usage. I wear Brooks Beast, which are supposed to be the best shoes for someone my size with flat feet. After I replace them, the knee pain and back pain subside again. Does this sound about right to you other runners out there? Just want to know because it is expensive to replace them every few months.


Answer
average is about 300-500 miles. the heavier you are the faster the cushion breaks down. I would recommend getting a different type of shoes 50 miles is way to short of a life span for running shoes. there are lots of running stores that have experts than can put you an a treadmill and analyse your running and give you ideas also I use wwwroandrunners.com there is a 800 number that you can call and talk to someone and they have a 30 day money back guarantee. If you evaluated the type of shoe you need by an on line gage, I have found those to be unreliable. maybe it's not the shoes that is causing the knee pain. trying treating your injury with ice an anti inflammatory and if that does not work ease off on the running until it has healed.

What's the best type of running shoe for moderate overpronation and neutral arch?




omeboy487


What's the best type of running shoe for moderate overpronation and neutral arch?
I am trying to look for new running shoes. I am picking up running again slowly after having "runner's knee" and am looking for the best type of shoe that will give me lots of cushioning and also work with some slight overpronation. i heard that brooks and asics were good. i was wondering about adidas and of any other specific type of shoe out there that may be worth giving a try.



Answer
I'd recommend going to a sports/running shoe store with staff knowledgeable enough to help answer your questions. I live in San Diego and when I got back into running I went to a place here (plug plug: San Diego Running Institute) that put my feet through a barrage of tests before they gave me my running shoe.

They had me walk across a pressurized mat (hooked up to a computer) to tell how weight was distributed across the bottom of my foot as I walked. This along with other measurements helped them to pick out a running shoe that worked great for me.

Not sure where you live or if there is an equivalent store, but I'd ask around. Sorry, I don't know any brands off the top of my head to help with your problems.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many miles should I get out of my running shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment