Monday, August 12, 2013

Why are my running shoes uncomfortable?

best running shoes for pronation
 on href=http://plantarfasciitistips.org/best-dress-shoes-for-plantars ...
best running shoes for pronation image



Jason E


My doctor told me that I have flat feet (over pronator) and I need a running shoe that adjusts for this. I have tried many on, but all of them rub against a bone on my right foot only. It is the bone on the side of my foot (inside facing other foot) about half way between toes and heel. It obviously is from the extra arch that these over pronation shoes are providing. I know that I need stability for my type of feet, but the pain is not going away with the pair I bought. I don't know if I should just take them back and get the most comfortable pair, no matter what type of feet they are for?? Any suggestions, or recommendations for shoe brands appreciated.


Answer
You can not use shoes that hurt your feet.
If store bought corrective shoes do not fit,then you may need custom inserts from a podiatrist. You can buy neutral shoes if the custom inserts will work.
Any change in shoes or inserts will require a period of adjustment, but the doctor will explain that to you.

What type of running shoe would be best?




Fellow Esk


Hi, I am a 170 pound, 5'5 female who is starting a workout program. I did the wet test and I have normal to high arches in my foot. I suffered a serious ankle injury a year ago when I twisted it pretty badly while on an incline carrying a patient (Im an EMT). So I need something with ankle support, but is lightweight enough for a running shoe.

What do you guys suggest? Right now I am running in hiking boots, which I know cant be right.



Answer
it is not necessarily the brand of shoe you need to worry about (for sizing yes) but you should get a pair of shoes with good padding. this will mean that your shoes will be a little bulky (not like the boots!) but you will gain stability for your under-pronation (too much arch) and for your ankle. Any brand of shoe has multiple high-stability models, just go to your closest athletic shoe store and ask for stability running shoes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why are my running shoes uncomfortable?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment