Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Spring/summer must haves 2013?

best running shoes spring 2013
 on Labels: home improvement
best running shoes spring 2013 image



Me Person


Going shopping in a bit, and I'm a little tired of my current wardrobe (mainly tshirts & jeans)
I'm not really confined to one style, and I'm looking for affordable options.
I'm a sophomore in high school and if it helps, I'm asian, 5 foot 2, 100 pounds & have dark brown eyes and hair.

Please don't recommend dresses/skirts, I'm not gonna wear them ! and I don't wear make up since I'm a runner and it's just too much of a hassle to apply and take off makeup, I already run twice a day (once in the morning before school and once after school)
Thanks!



Answer
OMG I'm like you! Lol asian, 5' 3", 105 lbs, freshman, dark dark dark everything.
I recommend over the shoulder tops, cute tanks and cardigans, spaghetti straps (idk if your school lets you wear them), blouses, graphic tees and tanks, sweaters, etc.

bottoms: shorts, high waisted shorts, bermuda shorts, leggings, etc.

Shoes?: flats, slippers (flip flops), vans, etc.

Hope i helped!

USNA application insight?




Marvin


A little background first: I have 33 ACT composite (33 English, 34 Math, 32 Science, 34 Reading), a 3.9 unweighted, cumulative GPA, I'm a National Honor Society Member, a National Merit Commended Scholar, I got a 5 on the AP Calculus BC test.

So academically speaking, I think I have a pretty good shot, plus I have some extracurricular activities under my belt. Problem is, I did miserably on the Fitness Assessment, and I only have two weeks to take it again. My original scores are: BB Throw, 42 feet; Pullups, 11; Shuttle run, 8.9s; Crunches, 75; Pushups, 27; Mile-Run, 7:51. (I majorly screwed up on the pushups, dropping a knee like a minute in, and the run I was already tired and somewhat disheartened)

Comparatively to the rest of the application, how much weight is placed on the CFA? I can improve my pushup and mile scores just by taking it again this week and not being an idiot, but my other scores aren't exactly great either. Is this going to be a significant blow to the rest of my application?



Answer
Usna, Usma and Usafa currently utilize the CFA. None publish minimums and a Candidate cannot get minimums in each event and pass the CFA. It appears you are below the minimums in the Basketball Throw, the Mile Run and Push Ups. Significantly below in Push Ups. Luckily you are not below in Pull Ups which is the hardest event to significantly increase a score in a short period of time.
The minimums for the USAFA CFT that preceded the CFA are at the link below...
http://i50.tinypic.com/1zbdu2d.jpg
It did not include a mile run or basketball throw but included a 300 yard shuttle run.
Pullups Minimum: 4; Avg: 10 Usafa CFA Mean 11 Your Score 11
Situps Minimum: 49; Avg 69 UsafaCFA Mean 80 Your Score 75
Pushups Minimum: 24; Avg 41 Usafa CFA Mean 60 Your Score 27
Basketball Throw Usafa Mean: 69; Your Score 42 feet
Shuttle Run Usafa Mean: 8.8; Your Score 8.9
One Mile Run Usafa Mean: 6:40; Your Score: 7:51
https://admissions.usafa.edu/RRS/Online_CFA_2013.pdf

Purported USNA CFA Minimum Scores:
BB Throw: 50'; Your Score: 42
Pull Up: 5; Your Score: 11
Shuttle: 11.0s; Your Score 8.9
Push Up: 46; Your Score: 27
Sit Up: 56; Your Score: 75
1MR: 7:45; Your Score: 7:51
http://www.serviceacademyforums.com/showthread.php?t=24029

Conclusion: Probably not using your core muscles in the Basketball Throw. Have a Coach/PE Teacher/Fitness Trainer check your form and give pointers. The deadline for submitting Pre Candidate Questionnaires is Jan 31, so it is not clear why it has to be taken again in two weeks. Have you been offered an LOA and is this a condition of the LOA? Do not take the CFA again this week. Practice and get in shape.
Start this Fitness Program and do extra Pushup Ladders, see page 2:
http://www.usna.edu/PEdept/docs/Prepare%20for%20Plebe%20Summer.pdf
If you have already been running, start at whatever level you are at, but if you are advancing the pace and starting above week 1, be sure to only run on soft surfaces. It takes much longer to build up the joints and ligaments to withstand running on hard surfaces. Make sure you have good running shoes and they are not worn out as this can lead to injury.
See Info on running shoes here:
https://www.trngcmd.usmc.mil/OCS/caninfo/fitprep/Lists/Running%20Shoes/AllItems.aspx
This is the fitness program you should have started last Spring/Summer:
http://www.nrotc.navy.mil/pdfs/pre-conditioning.pdf
Besides the CFA, if a Candidate has not participated in athletics, it will have an impact on his chances. Over 90% of service academy Mids/Cadets participated in varsity athletics; over 80% winning varsity letters; over 60% were team Captains and around 25% are recruited athletes.
http://www.usna.edu/admissions/documents/ClassPortrait.pdf
http://i46.tinypic.com/msd387.gif
The Air Force Academy website offers outstanding advice to students prepping for a service academy, rotc scholarship or any highly selective university. Open all links to the right of the page. Be sure to open the "Character Matters" link and read it carefully."
http://www.academyadmissions.com/admissions/advice-to-applicants/all-applicants/
Answer at the link might be informative with regard to service academy appointments:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylv=3?qid=20120125193024AA11LUr




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Spring/summer must haves 2013?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment