Sunday, August 4, 2013

What are good running shoes that will help prevent shin splints?

best running shoes cushioning
 on What Are the Best Running Shoes for Shin Splints? | Trails.com
best running shoes cushioning image



Cody


Need running shoes that have a lot of cushion.


Answer
Any shoes will do as long as they are new, or relatively new. But, in my opinion the best way to avoid shin splints is to make sure you rest often, and to increase the volume (mileage) and intensity (speed) of your training gradually in order to let your body adapt.

What brand of running shoe should i buy?




ernesto


I am currently using the adidas marathon 10 and they feel good but they are not providing enough cushion. After I finish running my right knee hurts a bit but ive had this problem for a while. I also noticed since my most recent run my left shin has been hurting a bit. Right now I am only running about 3 miles a day since im trying to get back in shape. I think it would be better to get running shoes with better cushion because I am planning on increasing mileage. I was thinking of asics but im not sure as their are different types. which would be the best shoe to buy for long runs


Answer
What ever shoe you want. Shoes are very personal, you can't have someone just tell you what to buy, because what works for them could spell disaster for you.
Go to a really good running store and get fitted for a type of shoe (stability, extra stability or no stability). Then try on different brands and buy the ones you find most comfortable.

You want to find a good shoe for you. Any shoe around $100 is going to have good cushion. You just have to keep track of the milage you put on your shoes and change them around mile 500. Always get new shoes at mile 500, no matter what. Your shoes may be worn out and that's why they don't have the injury prevention they once did.
No one shoe is better for milage. They all run out at mile 500, if you run more you just have to change them out more often.

I recommend that once a runner hits 20+ miles per week, get at least two pairs of shoes and alternate them. When you wear a pair of shoes the cushion gets worn down in them. If you run in them all week they get constantly pound in all week without a time long enough to really allow the cushion to expand back to it's normal size. Most people do their long runs at the end of the week... you can see why wearing a pair of shoes on a long run that have been compressed all week increases injury risk. So if you want to run a lot, get a couple of either the same exact shoe or shoes that have the same stability and alternate them out.

I personally love Asics. I haven't been able to buy any other brand, even though I've tried. They hug my foot perfectly and I've never had a problem with their quality. I just can't find a shoe that fits as perfectly. I really like the Keyano's, Gel Nimbus, and the 2100 Series.

-Connor




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are good running shoes that will help prevent shin splints?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment