Thursday, August 8, 2013

Running Shoes Question....?

women running shoes motion control
 on Zoot Running Shoes for Men | Mens Running Shoes 2012
women running shoes motion control image






I have flat feet and I see all these shoes for people with Flat Feet...The Brooks Beast 10, Saucony Progrid Stable, Aspics Evolution 4 for example, but I have orthopedic inserts so does it really matter what shoes I get since I remove the insole that comes with the shoe anyways!


Answer
Yes it matters! In most cases, adding a customized orthotic will increase the amount of motion-control you get from a shoe, which normally means you can go with a shoe that provides less control to start with. But every runner is different. A 100-pound woman needs a different amount of support in her shoes than a 200-pound man, for example, even if their biomechanics are similar.

So here's what to do: Next time you buy a pair of running shoes, bring your orthotics and your old shoes to your local specialty running store. The salespeople will have suggestions based on what they see. If they don't, find a shop that does, or seek out a footwear professional such as a pedorthist or podiatrist, either of whom will give you advice on how to make your shoes and orthotics work together.

best running sneakers for a woman with high arches?




Disney Wor


i have such high arches that i can feel that i walk on the outsides of my feet.
i am very unstable when walking and i often twist my ankles and i believe its due to my high arches.
after exercising my shins hurt and when standing for long periods of time my heals hurt.
can anyone recommend a specific sneaker that will help with my high arches or at least describe the type of features i should be looking for?
i feel like most shoes aren't as soft and cushiony as i need them to be so that makes me want to wear something like tennis shoes cuz they are soft and cushy but at the same time idk if that would help or hurt my arch problem and idk if it would help me not walk on the outsides of my feet or not.
i'm getting really desperate here!
please help.



Answer
I also have super high arches. I am a long distance runner. I have a pair of asics. I also bought inserts that are made for high arches. If you have high arches, you are going to buy a cushioning shoe. (Normal feet need a stability shoe and flat feet need Motion control shoes.) If they are hurting around the house, get a pair of shoes, put your running inserts in them, and wear them in your house. My mother does that because she has high arches too and her feet are improving. (She used to walk around in socks and the shoes are really helping her feet!) Hope that helped!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Running Shoes Question....?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment