Saturday, September 21, 2013

What is the best running shoe for someone with narrow feet and high arches?

best running shoes reviews 2011
 on New Balance '790' Trail Running Shoe (Men) - Reviews & Prices @ Yahoo ...
best running shoes reviews 2011 image






I`m 19 and I alway have problems with my knees and hips due to running a lot. I think that it is due to underpronating and that my shoes are not supporting me right. I weigh 138 lbs but im tall at 5 ft 9 in without shoes. I have really narrow feet so it is hard to find a fit because most shoes have normal width. If you could suggest a type or brand of shoe that would work well I would really appreciate it.


Answer
I just received a review pair of the Merrell Barefoot Trail Glove today. I ran in them tonight, but Merrell has requested that I hold off on a review until February, which is actually a good call since it will give me some time to put some miles on them (Update 2/27/2011: My review of the Merrell Trail Glove is now posted). In the meantime, Iâd like to refer you to a glowing review of the Merrell Trail Glove posted over at the Barefoot Running University by Jason Robillard. Jason is working with Merrell to develop educational materials associated with the formal release of the Merrell Barefoot line (reported to be February 1), and if my first run was any indication, Jasonâs review is quite accurate.

How I can get to glastonbury festival?




Kaspars


Hello! How can I get from city Glastonbury to Pilton where the actual festival is??
Is there showers in Glastonbury festival?
Is it full of mud every year?
Which capmsite is the best a.k.a more fun and closer to the stages/entrance?
Is there any shops around or I have to buy food and drinks for all 5 days?
Thanks!



Answer
I certainly wouldn't suggest you walk, especially with a rucksack on your back & a tent to carry. You'll be knackered before you even get there & it will be an especially bad idea if the weather is as hot as last year.

There's info about travel on the Glasto website. http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/ If you haven't got a car then I suggest the train or coach. If you get the train you need to go to Castle Cary station where there will be free shuttle buses to take you to the festival site. Personally I'm getting the coach. http://www.nationalexpress.com/coach/destinations/events/musicfestivals/Glastonbury.aspx

This year Glasto are running a green traveller initiative. http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/green-glastonbury/green-traveller-initiative If you arrive by public transport, on foot or by bike you will be given a Green Traveller lanyard, that gets you:

- Vouchers for discounts on main meals.
- Solar showers, solely provided for Green Travellers.
- Access to compost toilets.
- Discount on a Festival T-shirt.

Yes there are showers & as stated above if you are a green traveller you have access to the solar showers. As already mentioned though, wet wipes are a godsend. I have a tent that's big enough to stand up in so it's nice & easy to have an all over wash using a flannel, soap & a bucket of water.

If it rains, it will be muddy so pack wellies or waterproof boots & maybe waterproof trousers & coat. You can buy them on site but bear in mind if it does start suddenly raining, they will sell out quickly & stall holders are likely to double the price. Let's hope we get another year like last year though. :-)

There's a good review on the different campsites on this website. http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq In fact it makes an excellent read about Glasto full stop. This map will also give you a good idea of the proximity to stages etc. http://www.glastowatch.co.uk/2011/glastonbury-festival-2011-map/ Do bear in mind that Glasto is huge. You will be doing a lot of walking so take comfy shoes.

There's no shops as such but there are hundreds of stalls selling food & drink as well as all sorts of other stuff like clothes, cigarettes, loo roll, didgeridoos, juggling balls etc etc. There's loads you can buy there. I do take a little camping stove so I can have tea & coffee at the tent. There's a milk truck that comes around the campsites selling fresh milk. I take a few snacks & munchies. Stuff like Tracker bars, sweets, Twiglets etc. I also take a few small cartons of fruit juice because I get thirsty in the night. I like to take a throwaway bbq, a couple of nice bread rolls & some meat for the first night. I take the meat out of the freezer just before we leave so it's defrosted by the time we want to bbq it. But other than that we buy meals as there's so much to choose from.

I can recommend the forum in this site if you've got any more queries. http://www.glastowatch.co.uk/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best running shoe for someone with narrow feet and high arches?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment