Monday, September 16, 2013

Is this a slow running time and how can I improve?

best running shoes under 50
 on ... shoe last and stoneware hot water bottle 3-6 13 Mixed lot - single tea
best running shoes under 50 image



Jojo


I'm a freshman in high school and I just joined track because I love running. Anyways,here are my times for my first races.
200m- 1)35.6
2) 35.1

I know they are not the best. I plan on getting lighter shoes and running everyday. How can I improve my times and what shoes can i get under $50? Thanks



Answer
I'll be brutally honest. Yes they are slow.

First off you need to build base because those times show you struggle. Base is just endurance, so just go out running easy, it's not a race, and this will get you a better aerobic fitness level, allowing you to absorb more oxygen efficiently, allowing you to sprint faster for longer.

After you're in better shape from base you need speed. Best way is to do distances shorter than your race 50/75/100/150/175 meters but FASTER than your race pace. This builds your overall speed so you will get used to the speed required to race and win.

After that you need lactate acid threshold, so do distances longer than your race, but slightly slower then your race pace so you can "feel the burn" and get used to it and repress it. Try 250/300/350/400/500 meters at a slower pace.

Good luck.

I'm a high mileage runner and need a new stability/very cushioned running shoe. What do you suggest?




Myrtle


I need cushion on my forefoot and the rest of my foot. I run in Nike Equalon 2+ and they are too squishy and flatten out after just 50 miles. I loved the straight Nike Kantara and Nike Equalon+, but they are discontinued. Please help!


Answer
Well since you know that you need a stability/ very cushioned running shoe, then you probably already know that the skylon is definitely not for you. Its a neutral shoe with medium cushioning.

Since you want a shoe with extra cushioning, the following would fall under what I like to call the Cadillac running shoes series: Asics Kayano, Nike Equalon, and the Brooks Infiniti. I highly recommend the Brooks Infiniti. It is definitely the most cushioned stability shoe on the market. And since its a Brooks Shoe, it is guaranteed to last you at least 350 miles before you start to feel the "bounce" diminish.

Hope that helps. Oh and I'm a collegiate runner who also works in a running specialty shop, so my suggestions aren't unfounded.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is this a slow running time and how can I improve?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment