Thursday, September 19, 2013

I have ankle pain after I run, I previously had stress fractures on both ankles from running.?

best athletic shoes overpronation
 on Running Tips For New Runners | Run The Line.com
best athletic shoes overpronation image



borcap


Last year I had a stress fracture in both ankles after running, I saw a doctor and he did x-rays, mri's, therapy and ultrasounds. I still have pain after I run, it is now in my ankles and rides up my lower leg bone about 10 inches. I am in good health and not overweight. I have never had a problem running. The doc also gave me caltrate and cosamin for me to be able to cope with the pain. Why am I still getting this awful pain? My doc has no clue and I think that he thinks I am lying about it. Anyone have a clue? Oh yeah, I've tried different running shoes also but to no relief.


Answer
From my experience, if you are experiencing pain in both ankles you may have what they call tibial stress syndrome or shin splints. This can be due to many factors, it can be due to overpronation when running, increasing distance or intensity by more than 10% in a given week, muscle strength and tightness issues at with the core, hip, ankle, and foot. Do you ice you ankles after you run? A couple of strenghtening exercises for the front of your ankle, the tibialis anterior muscle are, seated heel raises-sit in a chair and keep the bottom of your heels on the ground and raise your toes toward your head. Stair heel drops-with front of foot or ball of foot on stair drop your heel to the ground and raise back up. (3 sets of 20 with these exercises) Also, make sure that you are stretching your calf musculature. If you continue to have problems I would ask for a referral to a podiatrist!!
Chad-Certified Athletic Trainer, ATC

Running For 40 Miles?




?


I want to run 40 miles a week and i wanted to know if Nike Dart V are good running shoes for this mileage.if not,

which ones are.cheap price too.



Answer
The most important property of running shoes is their type. Neutral/Cushioning, Stability, or Motion Control. Neutral Shoes are for people with supination or who have a "neutral" foot strike. Stability is for people with a slight overpronation, and Motion Control is severe overpronation. Very flat feet tend towards severe overpronation and high arched feet tend toward a neutral fit. All specialty running shoes are classified under one of these 3 types. There are various self tests which can be found on the internet, but if you are going to be running for awhile, it would be best to be fitted by a specialty running store. They do this free of charge and is standard.

Don't be too concerned with the price. A new pair of shoes only cost $80 but a new pair of knees when your 50 is much greater. Specialty running shoes last about 500 miles. Your general running shoe found at your local athletic store only lasts about 200 miles. For general runners this is enough, but if you are going to be running 40 miles a week, it would be wise to get fitted now. Getting a proper shoe will also help prevent injury.

I am currently running anywhere from 60-70 miles a week and have remained injury free.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I have ankle pain after I run, I previously had stress fractures on both ankles from running.?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment