Monday, September 23, 2013

What type of shoes does they issue you in Navy Boot Camp?

best running shoes deals
 on ... Shoes White price in India | Compare price and get best deals for
best running shoes deals image



Ian


I am a 24 year old male and leaving for Navy Boot Camp in a few days. I was looking for info from anyone who recently went through Navy Boot Camp on what type of running shoes do they give you? Are the even remotely comfortable? Because my feet do not do well without a decent pair of running shoes. Either way I will man up and deal with it, I was just curious. Thanks!


Answer
yes they give u new balance. when you first get there u stand on a machine and it will tell what size show u wear and i think the arch of your foot and they give you the type of shoe based on that, they are pretty ugly but they are comfortable

What is a good transition minimalist shoe?




Jessie


I've been working on getting away from heel striking when I run, but I've been using my current stability running shoes (which I hate because they're so bulky), and that makes it difficult to stay off my heels. I'm looking for something to transition to minimalist, but nothing too drastic. I have the tendency to over pronate, but I'm trying to strengthen the muscles to help correct that. Any thoughts on brands/models of shoes would be appreciated, thanks!


Answer
I recommend continuing to use shoes that deal with your specific pronation. See if you can find a model of stability shoe that is lighter. Most running shoes, even those that are considered "bulky", are still pretty light.

Try adjusting your stride length to avoid heel striking. Shorten your stride and take more steps, with higher knees. You should be taking 180 steps per minute. It is pretty difficult to heel strike at a high cadence, and the shorter stride will naturally have a tendency to force a mid-foot strike.

Shoe brands are like car brands. Some people drive what they can afford, some will try new things, and some refuse to drive anything other than the one they prefer. I recommend you hit the shoe store and start trying things on. Treat it like an investment - there is no rush to buy anything, no reason to settle for anything less than the shoe that exactly fits your needs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of shoes does they issue you in Navy Boot Camp?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment