Thursday, October 31, 2013

how to run a 17 minute 5k?

best running shoes for men 5k
 on Nike Store UK. Men's 5k Race Collection
best running shoes for men 5k image



Andrew


I am going to be running cross country for the first time; I would like to know what type of training I will need to do to run a 17:30. I am going to be a freshmen, and as I said, it will be my first time running cross country. I just want to know what type of training I need, if my goal is unrealistic--its better to aim high than low.


Answer
i started cross country my freshman year also and i really had no idea what i was doing. the goal to running faster is just making sure you know how to race. most people race in a style of what is called a 2/3 which is like you take the first two miles at a reasonable pace which 17:30 is 5:39 miles and then crank a faster last mile. the goal is to learn as much as you can about the sport. get good form and good breathing and set your mind on racing. with workouts i'm sure your coach will but you in the correct spot. just make sure to stay up with the varsity group on easy runs. also ask the upper class man how the races go. im not going to lie but sometimes hitting pr's is hard or unreasonable because the xc course could be measured wrong or something. you will probably be seeing hill workouts and tempo runs, fartleks, and maybe some weight room. the goal is never to miss a day and make sure you are taking care of yourself. and make sure you have good shoes. im going to be a sophmore next year for highschool. just learn to run and have fun. everything else will come in time even if it doesnt happen this year. i ran a 18:32 as a freshman and im looking for a 16 flat time this year!

PR:
5000m: 18:32
3200m:10:29
1600m:4:43

what's the best way to start running....?




Big Poppa


if you are not a runner? I want to do more running, but I can't run down the street and not get winded...how do I become a trackstar?


Answer
i think this is a lifestyle choice; it is going to be painful to start.. i'd say before lacing up your shoes, you have to prepare yourself mentally and REALLY want to do this... running once a week only when you feel like it won't make you a track star...

to begin i would set a goal; go online and look up your local listings for future 5k or 10k races; sign up for one that is 10-15 weeks out... then download or set a training plan...

i agree with the others, start slow; some training plans call for time, not distance; run 5 minutes, walk 10-minutes, run 5 minutes, walk 10-minutes... slowly build up your cardio until you can run/jog for 30-minutes non-stop... having a 'race' scheduled can help with motivation and training... i'm actually running my first marathon in june.. the San Diego marathon and it is pushing me forward...

read: ultramarathon man, by dean karnazes for inspiration :)

no pain, no glory - - and i live for glory




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how to run a 17 minute 5k?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment