Saturday, November 2, 2013

What is the best way to begin training for long distance running when starting from a low ability?

best running shoes 10km
 on ... , which is suitable for both fast laps and mid-distance running
best running shoes 10km image



Jack


I have wanted to join the Royal Marines for a very long time and I want to begin training this summer. I am a smoker (around 5 to 10 a day) I am asthmatic and have not really taken part in a lot of sports. Although I love rugby, I haven't found the time to join my local club as I am studying for my A levels. Any help appreciated. Thanks.


Answer
First thing you will need to do is to stop smoking. That should be your first focus. Running is going to suck unless you quit.

Long distance running is usually defined as any distance over 6 miles or 10km. So if you want to get into more serious long distance running you will have to start out by forming a bas of 2-3 months of regular running. That means around 3-6 days of running per week and getting around 15-20 miles per week. When you get into running you need to allow your body to adapt. Running is a high impact sport and your joints need time to strengthen for the large impact. I think dedicating yourself to running 10-15 miles per week 3-4 days per week, is a great start to follow in the second month.
In the first month I would run 1 mile every other day, and increase the distance by a half a mile per day until you hit 3 miles. This gives your joints enough time to recover and prepare for the second months more serious training.

You also need to go to a good running store and get fitted for a good pair of shoes.

-Connor

Are nike shox the best shoes for standing and walking all day?




fredgarvin


I have bad feet and knees and i know some people that swear by Shox. Opinions?


Answer
Running shoes are definitely your best bet. I do about 10km of walking on some days, and wear Asics & New Balance trail running shoes. Brand and model depends on many things, including your weight, and the surface you will be using them on.

Go to a sports store and try on a few different brands. Stick with brand names like Adidas, Nike or Asics- the knocoff brands often "fake" technology.

As for Shox, if I recall correctly they work best for heavier people, but having said that, I think they might have more than one model with the same technology.

Foot width also plays a role: Adidas is generally a narrower fit, and New Balance make broader fits. If you have really big feet (UK12 and up) you might find yourself limited in terms of choice, but most stores worth their stripes will be able to order for you.

I will wear running shoes until I die. Even in my old-age home someday I will be wearing my suit with Asics :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best way to begin training for long distance running when starting from a low ability?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment