Tuesday, October 29, 2013

How to begin jogging?

best athletic shoes overpronation
 on shoes onlineearth shoes for womenmens fashion shoesrunning ...
best athletic shoes overpronation image



Waltzing M


I was athletic when I was younger (I am < 30). I was a beanpole growing up, which enabled me to be in complete denial about how much weight I gained - no way was I fat; that could not happen to me :) Well, I have finally accepted that I am. I am a female, 5'9", and weigh 170ish, 180.

With that said... After the birth of my daughter, I attempted to resume my quest to jog 3 miles straight. Right away, from the very first jog, I experienced shin splints, a pain I had previously never before felt. I ran through them because I did not want to "quit".

I would stretch before and after every run. I would walk a little before each jog ( < .10 mile) and after ( > .5 mile). After every jog my shins were red and stinging - a rash-like condition (I would wear capri shorts so it wasn't from the clothes). I would ice my shins to no avail.

This continued a little over a month. The last time I jogged, I had to quit. The pain was so intense, I could barely walk back, and I had tears in my eyes for the next few hours. I was literally writhing in pain - and I have a decent pain threshold.

That was the last time I jogged. I had even bought a new pair of sneakers after the first week thinking that might help. I was running outside ( in the past I was a treadmill runner) on either a dirt track or asphalt. I would really like to try to develop a jogging schedule, but I am sincerely worried about my shins.

Do I need to lose weight first, before I try to jog again? Do I need to take serious baby steps and start with, like, .10 mile increments? Am I wrong think that I heard that ground is easier on the body than the treadmills? What can I do? Seriously, it felt like my tibias were broken. Any sincere advice is appreciated.



Answer
1) Pain is your body's way saying something is wrong. Don't ignore it.
2) Don't do static stretching before a run, only after you are sufficiently warmed up. You can do dynamic stretching before hand but it isn't really necessary for your purposes. Definitely stretch your calves afterwards.
3) In the future when buying shoes, go in to a running shoe store and say you want running shoes, period. Good idea to go in with the type of socks you usually wear and your running shoes. They would check your shoes to see the wear pattern which would indicate what type of shoe you need, a stabilization shoe, underpronation or overpronation, etc. Then they would have you run in a shoe to see how you run. Once they have an idea of what you need they should pull out several models and have you try them for comfort, have you put both pairs on and jog around the store to see which you like best. They will probably half a size to a full size larger than your street shoes. And thatâs it! If you go to a shoe store and they don't ask to see you run first thing to get an idea of your needs, find another store.
4) No, you don't need to lose weight to run.
5) Yes, take the baby steps. I would suggest going out for a half hour and starting with running a minute and walking a minute. Then running two and walking one and one from there.
Good luck!

MY hip hurts when I run, I'm on cross country and need to get better soon!?




Kevin L


The main thing I am trying to accomplish is finding out where and WHY it hurts, so that I can properly treat it and get better soon.
My symptoms are:
-Everytime I run, each step I take with my right leg, my hip hurts. As to where specifically, it is near the top of the disk-shaped hip, a little bit on the side, and also around the under part of my butt (obviously describing the hip AREA)
-It hurts to stand on that one leg and lean forward.
-Sometimes, when I get into sit up position and lift up my butt off the ground while keeping my bent legs and feet on the ground, my hip area also hurts.
-While it NOW doesn't hurt to walk (it used to before), I am leaning on my right hip when i try to take a step with my left foot. Basically, when I move forward with my right foot, everything is normal. When i move forward with my left foot, my entire body stiffly leans towards my right side.
Any clues as to what I have? The athletic trainer at my school said it was piriformis muscle syndrome, but it could be other things as well.
I need to find out WHAT in my hip is hurting.



Answer
check your running shoes some have sloping insoles to prevent "overpronation" but if you run normally this can push the leg at an angle and put huge stress up the tendon under stress into the hip joint, if the insoles slope out to in replace them with flat ones if the pain disappears that was the cause




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to begin jogging?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment