Saturday, November 2, 2013

Do I have any risk of permanent joint pain because of running?

best running shoes joint pain
 on Bunions : Texas Center for Foot and Ankle Surgery | Plano Podiatrist ...
best running shoes joint pain image



ceila


I'm 130 pounds/ 60 kgs. I run 3-4 times for like 20-30 minutes. Then I walk to cool down. I've heard that running can cause severe joint pain and other leg injuries. Is it true? Are they permanent? When is someone in a risk of a leg injury because of running?


Answer
If you wear good shoes, and do not run more often or longer distances you will not have any joint problems related to your running.
Unless someone has a problem that is aggravated by running, normally people with running related injuries are marathoners who run very long very often.

How do you differentiate between a hairline fracture and a muscle sprain in the ankle?




Anindita D


I hurt my ankle while trying to run on the treadmill. I am quite heavy & I was not wearing proper running shoes. I felt no pain for 2 - 3 days. But now it's been a week & everytime I walk on uneven ground or climb stairs the upper joint between my leg & foot pains.


Answer
You would more than likely have swelling (and possibly bruising) with a sprain. All you need to find out if it's fractured is an x-ray.

A few years ago my sister fell and sprained her ankle (or so she thought) a few days later, it was still sore - keep in mind she had been walking on it for 3 days - so she went to the hospital for an x-ray. It turns out she broke her foot in 3 places!!

You better get yourself checked out, because you just never know. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Do I have any risk of permanent joint pain because of running?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment