Sunday, October 13, 2013

What shoes do you wear with scrubs?

best running shoes to support arch
 on Ask the Expert: Best Running Shoes for Flat Feet
best running shoes to support arch image



Cassandra


I am starting a job in a medical office and I have to go buy scrubs. I am also supposed to wear "all white shoes". Do you have any suggestions on what sort of shoes I should buy? I am a runner so I am partial to running-esque shoes or at least shoes that will support my arch.


Answer
Running shoes are perfect...I work in the medical field and at first, because I wanted style I bought all kinds of different tennis shoes to go with my scrubs, but they were cheap...I started having alot of pain in my feet and after talking to my step mother, a nurse for over 20 years, she told me to spring for some Nike's....after that the pain went away...if you are going to be on your feet all day, you have to get the really nice shoes with the good soles...trust me, it is worth it! Since you are required to wear all white (sorry for that by the way) First try shoes stores in the mall (that is what I would do) but if you have difficulty finding mostly white, then you could go to a uniform store....not sure where you are located but often you can find stores that just sell scrubs...and they will also have a selection of white shoes. Just make sure you are getting a good pair....they aren't always the most comfortable. You can also wear clogs..those are comfortable and sold at these stores, mostly in all white, but I hate to wear them because I always feel like my foot is slipping. Maybe try and find a white pair of Crocs? Here are some web sites that might help, as well...congrats on the new job and good luck!

http://www.jascouniform.com/index.cfm?srccd=gg003

http://www.lifeuniform.com/custom_stat/index.html

http://www.cherokeeuniforms.com/

What can I do to give a shoe arch support?




ana


A few weeks ago, I bought Nike Compete 2, a running shoe. A little more than a week ago, my legs gave me intense pain in the calves and lower leg. A coach told me that if the shoe bends in the middle, it doesn't have good arch support, which is why I have shin splints. What can I do to give the shoe arch support? I already have gel heel pads.

Or should I just wait longer to break the shoe in?

Please & Thank you!



Answer
Having calves pain is caused usually by the arch, either is too high or too low. Get arch support pad from any drug store, try it and see if it helps. Having the heel gel pad raises the arch on your foot. Try just the arch support alone. Also you may have a low arch on your foot and the build in arch that is in the shoe is too high and does not fit your foot. Take it out and see how it will feel without this arch.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What shoes do you wear with scrubs?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment