Saturday, October 19, 2013

Why did my knees start hurting when I jog?

best walking shoes knee pain
 on Best Walking Shoes for Bad Legs | Trails.com
best walking shoes knee pain image



Jo


About 2 years ago I started running for "just getting fit" reasons. But, recently I have been getting knee pain when I run or even just walk, I've never had this happen before until now. Also I've been running in my neighborhood on concrete/asphalt if that had any factor in it.

Is that a sign I may be doing something wrong when I run? Should I buy new shoes or might it be something else? I would love to hear from you as I am a little concerned about this. I am neither old (only 27) nor do I have any other physical condition on a continual basis that would explain that.



Answer
If you started running on your own, you may not have learned the best ways to do it to keep the impacxt at a minimum. After all, your full weight comes down on one knee, then the other. Now, the concrete issue isn't really relevant, because if you were running on dirt, the only "springiness" would be from the grass, and that's not really enough to protect the knees from the jolt.
Consider changing the way you run. Perhaps to a more "body forward" stance, so that the forward portion of the foot gets the weight, rather than heels and knees.
Watch how runners in a fast race have their bodies.
I suspect that you have learned bad habits, and "Running for Dummies" might be a good book to read.

Additionally, the reminder that with ANY bone or muscle pain issue of undetermined origin, your Vitamin D level could be an issue, and I've included an !Answers site where I addressed that.

Best to you.

How good are the Gravity Defyer shoes? Are there better shoes with shock absorbers inside the heel?




APJ


http://gadgetuniverse.com/gravitydefyer/gravity_defyer_story.asp
Are these the most effective walking shoes with built-in shock absorbers? I have pain in my knees (due to a meniscus tear) and I would like to try shoes that minimize stresses on my knees so that they can heal faster. Thanks.



Answer
Great question...

I look forward to reading the answers




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why did my knees start hurting when I jog?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment