Friday, October 18, 2013

Running shoes for people with shin splints?

best running shoes heel pain
 on Heel Pain Running
best running shoes heel pain image



nancyakacu


I am prone to shin splints and think it is because of the running shoes I wear. I am buying new running shoes and usually run 3-4 miles a day so I'm wondering what would be some good running shoes to get? Right now I'm looking into Nike Dual Fusion St 2 or Avia '5230' running shoes. Any tips/ good suggestions?


Answer
I have the very same problem. I run everyday on a treadmill. I run the same, 3 to 4 miles a day. And I thought it was my shoes as well. But Its mainly how you run. You have to make sure you dont slap your feet when youre running. And run from heel to toe. Kind of like roll your feet when you run. I had some pain on my shins and I asked my mom how to stop it and thats what she told me cause she was an avid runner when she was younger. She always told me dont slap your feet haha. Shin splints come from the constant impact from your foot hitting the ground as you run. So good shoes like Nike shocks or good supportive running shoes will help but it is mainly how you run. Also, wrapping your shins with band wraps will help as a support to your shin bone. I also heard that icing your shins after running will help a bit. Ive tried all these and they do help alot. Mainly what helped me though was maintaining a good technique for running. Hope I helped =]

What is a good running shoe to aleviate Plantar facsitis?




brenthomel


I have been runnign for about a year with achilles and heel pain. I am now training for a half marathon anybody suggest a good shoe. I'm already doing the rest, ice, compression and elevation.


Answer
I like asics gel-strike. I wear them with foot shox insoles. The poron helps absorb alot of shock. They really seem to help. You can get those at www.footshox.com. I do recommend taking it easy on your feet. I like to walk, but my plantar fasciitis has been acting up, so I've been using the stationary bike for now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Running shoes for people with shin splints?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment