Friday, October 18, 2013

How do you make your room smell good?!?!?

best running shoes for 7 year old
 on Knit Jones: Multi-Stripe
best running shoes for 7 year old image



Emily


I'm a 13 year old girl... and I'm not very clean! My room is always pretty dirty! I like to eat in my room but I always bring my plate out a couple minutes after I'm done... but I'm bad about leaving cups in my room though.
I play a lot of sports and I run after school so my workout clothes never smell to good and my feet always smell horrible and so do my shoes. But every night before I go to sleep I take a shower and put my clothes in the dirty clothes hamper in the bathroom.
I straighten my hair every morning so sometimes it smells like somethings burning.
I don't know what to do. I'm the middle child out of 3. Two years younger then my sister 7 years older then my brother. My sister's room is ALWAYS clean and ALWAYS smells AMAZING!!! My brother isn't old enough to clean his room but my dad keeps it clean. I have a dog that loves to be in my room and sleep in my room. And he doesn't smell to good either but my room smells nothing like him. I'm tired of being the dirtiest one and I'm scared I'm going to start smelling like my room does!
How can I get my room to smell good and keep it smelling good?! PLEASE HELP!!!!!



Answer
You've already answered your own question: a clean room smells good, which you have noticed by your brother's and sister's example.

Room doesn't smell like the dog, well - it smells like everything PLUS the dog.

- Dust everything.

- Wipe down every surface. You don't need any kind of a cleaning agent, just wipe down with a damp cloth to pick up dust and wipe off assorted spills.

- Vacuum.

- Get the dirty laundry WASHED, not just festering in the hamper. Get that stuff into the washer and going just as soon as you have the stuff off, don't let it age and sharpen like cheese. Bleah.

- Get your nasty running shoes out of the room. Wash 'em once a week. Air dry, however.

- Change sheets and pillow cases. Flip the mattress. Remove any drapes and wash them too.

- No more eating in your room. EVER. Food smells linger and add to the funk. In the kitchen where it's mostly nonporous surfaces, this is no problem and food smells are great, but in the bedroom where it combines with your manky sneakers? Yech.

- Wash your backpack and gym bag. No kidding.

- Wash the dog. Might want to start doing that on a weekly basis, dogs don't keep themselves clean like cats do and can get kinda funky pretty fast.

- Do your hair in the bathroom with the exhaust fan going to get the burning smell out of the house. Or try going with it curly for a while, curly is cute.

Whatever you do, DO NOT add any Glade plug-in things or scented candles or other junk like that. You're trying to eliminate smells, not muddy the waters by adding more. Febreze and other so-called "odor eliminators" DO NOT WORK, they only mask odors with their own, or encapsulate the source. Your best results will come from actually REMOVING the sources. Do all the steps above and you should notice results immediately.

This isn't a small project and it's going to require a lot of energy and effort on your part. It's going to require a behavioral modification on your part, and that's the hardest part of all.

Good luck with it.

What speed should I run on tredmil to lose weight?




Jesse


I'm a 16 year old male and I'm 5 feet 7 inches. I weigh 153lbs and I'm suppose to weigh 120lb for my normal weight, so I have to lose about 30 pounds. I really want to exercise on the tredmil and run but I'm really self conscious because sometimes when I run my friends say I run weird like I'm jumping and I feel really weird. What speed should I run on the tredmil to run? I usually have it on 4 incline and speed 4 when I walk, but I want to burn more calories so I lose weight please help me. What is a good running level for beginners and should I have any incline when I run? I don't want to run too fast either like I'm going to die because I get tired really easy. Also would running shoes help me? I wear my old vans because I don't have exercise shoes and how long should I run for?
Thanks it really helps. I might but running shoes and I'll try running on 6 too. :)



Answer
Some treadmills have "trail runs" that vary the distance, speed and terrain to imitate trail running/hiking. They usually start our slow to warm up and then gradually vary the speed and incline throughout the session. The one on my treadmill will go as slow as 2 mph and as fast as 6 mph for about a minute. Now 6 is a little to fast for me so I'm able to override it and reduce it to 4 or 5 mph.

Shoes are important, too. Don't use the thin soled flat shoes (Vans, etc) as they don't have enough cushion to protect your bones. Get shoes that have a thick heel and tread. You can find them at a shoe store for a reasonable price ($50-$80).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you make your room smell good?!?!?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment