Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I've decided to start an intensive weight loss program...how does my plan sound?

running shoes for obese man
 on ... men adidas hoodies for men 42760 replica adidas hoodies for men
running shoes for obese man image



Dolkite


I'm 6'3", around 235 (I'll know for sure tomorrow at the gym). I'm not stuck on numbers, but I'm guessing I'll need to lose at least 75 lbs before I'm satisfied. My main goals are to lose my broad shoulders and chest. I know that some guys with they were bigger, but that means nothing to me. I really don't care what other people find attractive, and I'm not interested in any of the women who want some big strong man to protect them.

As my pic will demonstrate, I have a very long way to go. As far as diet is concerned, my plan is to stick to low-carb, low-fat, and not to eat until one hour after my stomach starts to rumble. I find a lot of times I eat just as an excuse - because I'm bored or because it's a certain time of day or because I feel like it - and I'm interested to see how much I would eat per day if I only ate when I was really, truly hungry.

I don't have some strict timeline to lose this much weight...I'm presuming it will take me till summer to lose it all. As for exercise, I'm going to stick to only cardio. I'm asking for new running shoes for Christmas since the cheap ones I bought give me blisters if I run too much, so until then, it will be 20 min on the treadmill, 20 on the Stairmaster, and 20 on the elliptical, seven days a week.

http://s385.photobucket.com/albums/oo296/curseofdolkite/?action=view&current=atfalls.jpg

Oh, just to add...I don't think I'm hugely obese. I'm slightly to moderately overweight. I'm not hung up on number goals...I just want to lose my broad shoulders and chest, and I'm presuming I'll need to lose something like 75 lbs. I hate being seen as a big guy (I don't care if others think it's a good thing), so that's the main reason I'm doing this.

Oh, and PLEASE don't post links for gimmick diet plans. I will report anyone as spam if they send me a link for a gimmick diet (I'm talking to you, you Medifast zealots).
may - Maybe I shouldn't be giving advice since I'm overweight, but I really think the #1 thing people can do to both reduce their monthly food bill AND get healthier is to learn to cook. People always whine about how they don't have time, but I don't buy it. Yeah, it's easier to hit the drive-in instead of preparing a meal, but what you make at home will almost certainly be both healthier and cheaper than you get in restaurants.

As far as disliking veggies...I don't love raw veggies (except carrots and celery), but try making stir fry with beef or chicken. Stir fry is full of veggies but they will be cooked and seasoned.



Answer
You need some help. Low fat is NOT the way to go to lose weight. That is a starvation diet and you will get very frustrated and have many plateaus on your way to becoming anemic. The typical diets being followed by Americans today are "diet dream team" inventions designed to keep you on that diet. It's quite amazing how endoctrination is the standard in America today and NOT education.

Our understanding of marketing far exceeds any other disciplined study and especially the misinformation that is being spread by these marketing geniuses that are driving these so called "food experts" that are nothing more than "hired guns" of the food and agricultural industries that have successfully been able to make America one of the sickest nations on earth while convincing everyone they are wonderful.

I strongly suggest before you start ANY diet, you read the book called, "Life Without Bread" by Christian Allan, Ph.d. This book will give you some actual educated look at how your body works and what you need to manage your weight very successfully and still remain healthy and not require some lunatic diet being promoted by a profit driven "food expert."

good luck to you

I've decided to start an extreme weight loss program...how does my plan sound?




Dolkite


I'm 6'3", around 235 (I'll know for sure tomorrow at the gym). I'm not stuck on numbers, but I'm guessing I'll need to lose at least 75 lbs before I'm satisfied. My main goals are to lose my broad shoulders and chest. I know that some guys with they were bigger, but that means nothing to me. I really don't care what other people find attractive, and I'm not interested in any of the women who want some big strong man to protect them.

As my pic will demonstrate, I have a very long way to go. As far as diet is concerned, my plan is to stick to low-carb, low-fat, and not to eat until one hour after my stomach starts to rumble. I find a lot of times I eat just as an excuse - because I'm bored or because it's a certain time of day or because I feel like it - and I'm interested to see how much I would eat per day if I only ate when I was really, truly hungry.

I don't have some strict timeline to lose this much weight...I'm presuming it will take me till summer to lose it all. As for exercise, I'm going to stick to only cardio. I'm asking for new running shoes for Christmas since the cheap ones I bought give me blisters if I run too much, so until then, it will be 20 min on the treadmill, 20 on the Stairmaster, and 20 on the elliptical, seven days a week.

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo296/curseofdolkite/atfalls.jpg

Oh, postscript: do NOT post ads for Acai berry, Wu-Yi tea, or any other fad diet or magic cure. This site is rife with you people and trust me, whatever solution I end up going with is not going to include investing in some dumb miracle cure. I have worked in the corporate offices of an Herbalife-style fad diet company, so I'm well aware of how they prey on insecure and desperate people. Thanks.
Simeon - Thanks...while I did warn people against posting links, I do check out each one to make sure I don't report anyone simply for directing me to diet info.

Mitch - Thanks...however, I don't want to look muscular...that's why I chose to lose so much weight.
Just in case anyone says this....I tried personal trainers. i'm in no position to hire one anyway (and I don't need one), but they just told me I was crazy to want to lose so much weight and to "take advantage" of my size....in other words, they misunderstood me. I know I'm not obese (moderately overweight at best), but I want to appear smaller. My problem is not my stomach, but my upper body...broad shoulders and chest.
Okay, maybe "extreme weight loss" was a bad term to use. I'm not saying "I need to lose seven pounds a week" or "I need to lose 40 lbs by New Year's" or anything like that. I meant "extreme" as in "losing a lot of weight", not "losing a lot of weight in an unrealistic time span."
PLEASE read my full question. I don't think I'm hugely obese. As nice as it is for people to say, I don't care if others think it's great for a guy to have broad shoulders and a big chest....I hate it and that's why I want to lose an inordinate amount of weight.
I'm aware of the effect of multiple meals on metabolism, and if I were simply trying to get in shape, that's what I would be doing. However, my goal is to get as thin as I can, not to build muscle or simply get in shape.



Answer
extreme dieting does not work. You need to have medical clearance. Meet with a registered dietician. If you joing a gym, you usually get a trainer to set up a program for you included in the membership. Most HMO these days in the US offer money towards gym memberships and weight loss programs.

Your bmi is 29.4. this is considered overweight. 30 is considered obese.

Avoid fad diets, diet pills. It is a long hard battle. On average you want to lose 1 pound a week. It is a lifestyle change if you want to keep the weight off. You need to combine cardio, weights, stretching and healthy eating.There is no quick fix. You did not gain the weight overnight and you will not loose it overnight.



Take it from someone who has been there.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I've decided to start an intensive weight loss program...how does my plan sound?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment