Thursday, September 5, 2013

What are the best running shoes for someone with plantar fasciitis?

best running shoes 100
 on Adidas Kanadia 2 Trail Running Shoes  Ideal Even On Tough And Wet ...
best running shoes 100 image



larock31


Currently I'm looking for something under $100, I like the Under Armour Spine running shoe, does anyone have any suggestions?


Answer
Can't recommend any specific shoes. Look for something with an elevated heel (most running shoes have this) and proper arch support.
If you're not already, incorporate a routine of calf and achilles tendon stretches after your workout.

What are the best running shoes for me?




Jessica


I am looking to buy some new running shoes next week and I have no idea what kind to buy. Mostly I will be running on the treadmill with these shoes. I have a medium to high arch on my feet and I have bad knees from years of softball. Thanks for your feedback!


Answer
As a coach of marathon and half-marathon runners, this is a question I am asked frequently, and it's an excellent question.

As an alternative to what Jo suggested:
Yes, there are MANY running shoes in the $100-150 price range, but that does not mean they are the best shoe for you!

Prior to running my first marathon, I had worn New Balance and a couple of other "no-name" shoes. For that marathon, though, I visited the local running shoe store, where members of my own running club went for their running footwear. After talking with the owner for about 15 minutes, he didn't hesitate. He pulled down a pair of Nike Air Pegasus and said "this is what you will need". When I asked "why these?", he replied with a good, detailed explanation of the construction of the shoe, and how it was well-designed to protect my feet. It sounded reasonable, so I bought a pair.

I've never regretted it! To this day, it's the only thing that goes on my feet when I'm not wearing regular street shoes or dress shoes.

A funny thing happened, however, when I got to the Marine Corps Marathon that year. It seemed that almost all of the Marines in the race were also wearing Nike Air Pegasus. Naturally, this aroused my curiosity, so I asked several of them "why?" All of them had the same response: "That's what they gave us in Boot Camp." When we consider that the Marines do more running in Boot Camp than the other military services, it makes sense that they'd want to protect their feet.

If it was good enough for the United States Marines, it was good enough for me.

I ran all of my marathons in Nike Air Pegasus. It is definitely not the most expensive running shoe on the market. When I bought my most recent pair (less than 2 weeks ago), it cost $79.99. Considering that my first pair (19 years ago!) cost $53.99, that's not a bad price at all.

However, just remember that the best shoe for one runner is not necessarily the best shoe for the next runner. Some shoes are built wide while others are narrower. Some have a higher arch, and some have little arch. That's why you need to go to a running specialty store and have the clerk look at your feet. He or she will measure them properly, and will probably ask you several questions about your running. That's their job, so don't let it bother you at all. In fact, I'd be more worried if they didn't ask you any questions!

Whatever happens, let me wish you Good Luck and Good Running!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the best running shoes for someone with plantar fasciitis?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment