Thursday, October 10, 2013

How to fix the pain in the arch of my foot from running?

best running shoes plantar fasciitis high arch
 on Plantar Fasciitis Outside Of Foot
best running shoes plantar fasciitis high arch image



anonymous


Today I ran about 3 miles on the beach barefoot, I thought it would be okay but the sand near the water where I ran was hard and now I am feeling pain in the arch of both my feet. It is pretty painful to walk. What should I do to help the pain? And what would this technically be called?
Also, I run for fun sometimes but I am not an avid runner, nor have I ever ran barefoot before.



Answer
Hello,

First of all I am sorry that you have this pain, it must be frustrating.

It is difficult to tell exactly what is wrong, it could be a lot of things. Perhaps Plantar Fasciitis.
In order to diagnose you better please answer these questions:

1) Do you have high or low arches?
2) Is there any redness or bruising?
3) Where is the pain located exactly in the arch (towards the heel)?
4) What kind of shoes you usually wear?
5) Is it painful to the touch?
6) Are you active in other sports?
7) Is it more painful in the morning?

Here are a few things you can do right now:

1) Ice your feet at least 4 times a day, either by applying ice directly or rolling them over a frozen bottle.

2) Avoid any high impact activities.

3) Wear good quality supportive sneakers and rest when you can.

Again, if you can answer my questions I would be happy to assist you further.
You can write to me directly if you prefer, my email is in my Yahoo profile or itaiw@yahoo.com

Feel Better!

Why does the Arch of my feet hurt?




Hi Hi


Everytime I do exercises and running (eg quick feet, star jumps) anything which kind of involves using the arch of my feet, it always starts hurting after a while of exercise. Do anyone have any suggestions on how i could prevent this from happening?


Answer
This problem sounds similar to the one I had. I went to the podiatrist and he told me that I Plantar Fasciitis. The plantar fascia is a thick fibrous band on the bottom of your foot. It is attached to the heel bone (calcaneus) and fans forward toward the toes. It acts like a bowstring and supports the arch and several muscles inside the foot.
Plantar Fasciitis is caused by
â¢Improper and / or non-supportive shoes
â¢Over-training in sports (repetitive micro trauma)
â¢Lack of flexibility (decreased ankle dorsiflexion)
â¢Weight gain (pregnancy)
â¢Obesity
â¢Fat-pad atrophy (decreased cushion on bottom of heel)
â¢Prolonged standing
â¢Prolonged bed rest
â¢Walking / running on hard surfaces
â¢Biomechanical problems (flat feet, high arch feet)
The website http://foothealth.about.com/od/plantarfasciitis/a/PlantarFasciits.htm will give you some tips on how to renew the arches of your feet, but the best way I personnally noticed helps is taking a drink bottle of frozen water and rolling my foot over top of it. There is a lot to be said about stretching the feet before a workout too. Most people just stretch their legs before a run or bike ride, few people actually stretch their feet.
I hope that this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to fix the pain in the arch of my foot from running?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment