Tuesday, August 27, 2013

can I play basketball in skate shoes?

best running shoes with wide toe box
 on best running shoes with wide toe box 21225694
best running shoes with wide toe box image



James Kohe


I've been slowly moving towards minimalist and zero drop shoes. I noticed that most skate shoes have some of the major characteristics of zero drop and minimalist shoes. The wide toe box and zero differential from heel to toe. I like that, especially since I have been walking bare foot more often and now it pains me to wear the typical walking/running shoes. Now I want to get back on the basketball court. Could I use high top skate shoes for basketball?


Answer
Absolutely

Can someone give me advice on finding a good pair of running shoes?




prepschool


I've been running since 2004, and I found a pair of running shoes that were perfect - New Balance. I ran a marathon in them last May, but since I got all the use out of them, I've tried buying other New Balance shoes (they dont' seem to make that particular model anymore). I've purchased a few different pairs of New Balance and a pair of Nikes, but they are all too small for me now. I don't understand it. They seemed to fit fine in the store, but after wearing them a few times, my toes are totally cramped in there. I'm 27 years old! Why would my feet be growing?? The 9 1/2 felt awkward and too big when I tried them on in the store. Should I just buy the 9 1/2 and wear thicker socks? It would be great if they made a 9 1/4! I think I might go to an actual running store this weekend and have someone help me, but whatever tips I can get here would be great. Thanks!


Answer
The best thing to do would go to be fitted at a running store. They can look at your foot type and depending on what it is recommend some shoes. One with a high-arch will most likely be in a neutral cushion running shoe (asics-Landreth, Nimbus/ Brooks-radius,glcerin/ New Balance- 1060,801/ Sucony- ride/ Mizuno- wave rider, wave creation) Someone with a mid to low arch will most likely be in a stability shoe. These shoes have more support and help to keep your arch from collapsing. (asics-2120, Kayano / Brooks-Adrenalin)

As for size, each shoe is different. You must feel comfortable and have about a thumbnail of room in the toe box. New Balance and Sucony shoes tend to run wide, while Mizuno and Nike shoes tend to run narrow.

Your running shoes tend to be exactly ONE whole size bigger than your normal dress shoes. Also your feet swell throughout the day so at different times your size will be different. It is best to try on shoes mid-day/afternoon

I work in a running specialty store and could go on for hours about shoes. If you would like anymore help please contact me




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: can I play basketball in skate shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment