Sunday, September 29, 2013

I wear custom orthotics, does it matter what kind of running shoes I buy?

best running shoes motion control
 on Nike Stability Control Shoes
best running shoes motion control image



Ian W


My doctor told me that since I have custom orthotics that I no longer have to worry about buying motion control/stability type running shoes. Is this true? I hope so because these tend to be the ugliest running shoes out there.


Answer
Are they hard orthotics? I have hard orthotics and I was unable to run in them; my foot was impacting a hard surface (the orthotic), so I was not getting the cushioning the shoe offered.

If you have soft orthotics, then you in much better shape! The orthotics should provide the extra support you need.

However, the orthotics were likely made from static measurements, meaning you stood there and had a form made, or you walked on a pressure sensitive mat to determine your foot motion. This kind of measurement does not account completely for the high-speed, high-impact environment your feet encounter when running.

So you may not need the heavy-duty motion control shoes, but you may need some motion control, especially if you run fast or are heavy. Try the shoes, run in them in the store, see what feels right. If you go to a running shoe store, you should find some people who run and have experience fitting people with unique feet.

What are the best running shoes for motion control?




Adrian


I need a new pair of running shoes, i'm an overpronator, and i have a medium arch. Most of the ones i've been finding for overpronators say "for flat footed, heavy runners" i'm definitely not flat footed or heavy, i have a smaller build, i'm 5'8 and weigh 145lb. Any suggestions?


Answer
if you find running shoes that are gray on the insides of the rubber sole, they're motion control shoes.

my shoes are asic gels. all my running shoes are asics but i love nike as well. id go with them.

but dont go to like sorts authority modells or anything. the people there 99% wont know what theyre talking about. go to a specialy running store to get your shoes, they'll find you the best ones(:




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I wear custom orthotics, does it matter what kind of running shoes I buy?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment