Wednesday, October 2, 2013

How many miles can I expect to get out of a new pair of running shoes?

best running shoes road
 on On & Off Road Running Shoe - Extra Wide Fit Sauconys best selling shoe ...
best running shoes road image



The Maestr


How many miles can I get out of a new pair of running shoes before its time to replace them? Just a middle-of-the-road pair of asics, nothing fancy.


Answer
It depends on the road condition and the make but as a general rule they should give you between 300- 500 miles. No matter how nice they look they should be discarded on reaching 500 mile for sure. I'm a serious runner myself.

What's the difference between trail-running shoes and running shoes?




Vitavetave


I'm on a tight budget right now and the cheapest quality running shoes I came across were trail-running shoes. I usually run on cement, so would this be a bad investment?


Answer
They can be heavier, more stable, have more aggressive tread, and usually have less cushioning. Some transition to roads better than others. Some incorporate quality waterproofing.

Cement is the hardest surface on which you can run -- you'll often want more cushioning than the average trail shoe provides.

When it comes to running shoes, it's more important to find the right shoe(s) for you than just the cheapest shoe in the short-term. If you have to buy other shoes, get injured, etc., what's the cheapest shoe right now will not still be the cheapest shoe in a month or two.

I'd try to find the right shoe options for you while ignoring price a bit more, and then spend time shopping around, finding sales or coupons, older models, etc., if you need to.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How many miles can I expect to get out of a new pair of running shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment