Sunday, September 29, 2013

What was the most exciting moment for you in running?

best 0 drop running shoes
 on New Running Shoe Trend: Is Zero-Drop the New Barefoot?: Flash: Self ...
best 0 drop running shoes image



Semihobo


Example:

Finishing your first 5K
Doing a Marathon in under 3 hours
Buying the first pair of shoes

etc....
The points will go to the one with the most exciting story.



Answer
The brilliant, bright ball of light, the immortal sun, was blocked by sinister dark clouds. The celestial home of the gods wept with the rain-tears of a looming menace. It was but minutes away from my first 2 mile run. I was almost paralyzed with nervous anticipation and the ominous environment did little to sooth my qualm. Without warning, the starting gun exploded, and as such, the entire race exploded into action. My feet pounded the cheap track turf, and I quickly broke into lane 1. A combination of sweat and rain burned my eyes, but I ignored it. I was not going to let a couple drops of water ruin my 2 mile debut.

As I approached the ending of my 4th lap (half-way through the race) I suddenly heard my coach yell, "Catch up to Jose!!". Out of the corner of my eye, I saw he was talking to me. I was completely surprised because Jose, one of the team's best distance runners, was a captain and held several records. I, a sophomore running the 2 mile for the first time, was next to a seasoned veteran. Not wanting to disappoint my audience, I used the next two laps to catch up to him. However, this rigorous endeavor took too much energy. My breathing was heavy, and my entire body began to tighten up. I felt as if I were running with a weighted vest and breathing through a narrow straw.

I closed my eyes and grunted in pain. But suddenly, as I opened my eyes, the skies began to open, and a radiant sunlight illuminated the track. At that point, I was determined to not only finish, but finish strong.

Jose and I finished only 0.5 seconds away from each other. In that race, I ran the 2nd fastest sophomore time ever in my school's history. But I knew that, regardless of my time, I ran my best.

How to become a better runner?




Michael M.


I'm 13 and I enjoy running. I do track, soccer, and swimming. Any tips on how to become a really good runner? I wanna kick butt next track season! I also weight lift. I'm a sprinter but I don't like to practice sprinting lol. Running long distance is more preferred. Thanks!


Answer
The only way you can get better at running is by running. My advice (seeing how you seem to already know the basics of a proper running form) Is to start running bare foot. This will improve your form because the foot is able to work the way it was designed to and is not held back by the design of your shoes. Then when it comes time to get new shoes for track, make sure the shoes are comfortable, light, and don't have a very large heel. (i prefer 0-drop shoes -see source for details - for trail runs or as training shoes but since your a sprinter you will need to eventually get a good pair of spikes.) Also cross country will improve your endurance which is a major need when running a 400 or more. Finally, try to do like a one drill a day type thing. tell your self your going to sprint 400m in this amount of time and keep trying to push yourself, but don't push yourself too hard. give your body time to relax and repair. well hope i helped. god bless!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What was the most exciting moment for you in running?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment