Tuesday, October 1, 2013

when treating plantar fasciitis should you stay off of your feet completely?

best walking shoes plantar fasciitis
 on Top 10 Best Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis in 2013 - Shoes Planet
best walking shoes plantar fasciitis image



Lynvest L


When treating that foot condition plantar fasciitis, should you stay off of your feet 'completely' for one or two weeks, or can you walk around and do little chores at very short intervals?


Answer
When mine flared up I was told to stay off of them completely and ice them. Once they started feeling a bit better I was told to never walk barefoot, wear good tennis shoes with inserts in them (possibley get orthodics made for your shoes). I usually wear what I am supposed to but once in awhile wear a pair of flip flops since I am in sunny CA. You can do what ever feels comfortable to you. If you are in pain after walking or being on your feet too long a pain reliever and a frozen bottle of water under the arch of your foot usually helps. There are also some excercises you can do for your feet.Good luck!

How to get rid of plantar fasciitis fast ?




Lilian P


I am a track runner and I felt a sharp pain on the arch of my right foot two days ago when I was practicing. I found out that it could have been plantar fasciitis and I really need to get rid of it because I have a track meet in a week and need to practice. The pain is unbearable, and I don't think I can handle it when running long distance. Please help, how can I heal it as fast as possible ?


Answer
Hello,

First of all I am sorry that you have this pain, it must be frustrating.

It is difficult to say exactly if this is indeed what you are suffering from.
In order to diagnose you better please answer these questions:

1) Do you have pain in your heel as well?
2) Do you have high or low arches?
3) What kind of shoes you usually wear? (when not running)
4) How long are you a track runner?
5) Does it hurt worse first thing in the morning?
6) Is there any visible bruising or redness?
7) Is it painful to the touch?

Here are a few things you can do right now:

1) Ice your arch at least 4 times a day, either by applying ice directly or by rolling a frozen bottle under your heel and arch when you sit down.

2) Avoid walking/running on your hurt heel/foot for a few days.

3) Wrap it up with an ace bandage.

4) Purchase custom made orthotics that you can wear in your running shoes.

Again, if you can answer my questions I would be happy to assist you further.
You can write to me directly if you prefer, my email is in my Yahoo profile or itaiw@yahoo.com

Feel Better




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: when treating plantar fasciitis should you stay off of your feet completely?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment