Saturday, January 4, 2014

Recommendations good running shoes for high arches, and plantar fasciitis?

best running shoes high arches
 on Your Footprint  Why its Important | The Shoe Review
best running shoes high arches image



Loni


I want to take up running.

I need shoes with great cushioning and arch support. (Preferably under $100)

I have high arches and suffer from plantar fasciitis.

Thanks!



Answer
I addressed this actually with a competitive runner. You are going to have to buy custom made shoes if you are having issues with your feet. He was having issues after running, but you have issues before, which means you will have a ton if you start. You aren't going to find a good shoe for under 100 bucks. Go to a foot doctor and tell him you want to pick up running and want to be fitted with shoes for your high arch and tell him about your plantar fasciitis. Trust me. You don't want a commercial shoe. They end up causing more issues than good for people like you.

New Balance running shoes for wide feet and high arches?




Jaed1122


I am wondering if anyone with high arches and wide feet have any experience with New Balance running shoes. If so, what syle number?
I know I should go out, get fitted and try some on, but I have two kids and it can be quite difficult. I currently have the 767s, but I believe the arch support can be better, and I don't think they make these anymore. I also love my Asics GTs but I think I would like New Balances.
Thanks.
I am also looking into the Nike Air Max Motos..
Any ideas would be great!



Answer
New Balance is one of the few running shoes that offers different widths, but I have found their structure and durability to be subpar. My dad who has high arches and wide feet prefered Saucony.

If the Asics really work for you, but don't offer the arch support that you need, then you may want to consider putting in your own arch supports or some orthotics ( or if your arches are prone to injury, try taping). For what it's worth, I've worn both New Balance and Asics and prefer the Asics. They were better suited for training for competitive running.

Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Recommendations good running shoes for high arches, and plantar fasciitis?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment