Tuesday, December 31, 2013

How soon can i build endurance - running?

best running shoes under 40
 on photo newton running are your running shoes actually promoting poor ...
best running shoes under 40 image



anonymous


I need to run a 1.5 mile under 13 minutes. I'm at about 7200ft elevation. I will be taking a fire fighter physical, and need to pass.

My body weight: 132lbs
My height: 6'0.

Also, should I buy some running shoes? Do they make a difference? I have hiking boots, *it's the only pair I have*. I thought the extra weight would help, but probably not right?



Answer
This is for a 10:00 mile and half. Adjust times to your goal.

To build aerobic capacity, you need to run far. But you also need to run fast. Follow this plan for 6 to 10 weeks and you'll increase your endurance about 30 percent.

Perform a 40- to 60-minute run on Saturday at a pace just slow enough that you never feel winded. (Walk if you need to.)

On Tuesday, do four to six half-mile intervals at your goal pace for the mile-and-a-half run. (If your goal is 10 minutes, run each interval in 3 minutes, 20 seconds.) Rest for the same amount of time as each interval takes. (This is what Shepley, the author of this, says but it occurs to me that you might not be in condition to run at goal pace, so run them at your current mile-and-a-half pace and work to getting down to your goal pace).

On Thursday, perform four to six uphill runs at a moderate pace, with each lasting about 90 seconds, and take about 2 minutes' rest after each interval. After your last interval, jog for 10 to 15 minutes at an easy pace.
Good Luck!

How to build up to an under 7 minute mile?




KAREN


I am a 14 y/o girl and my time varies but it's usually a 7:10 - 7:40 mile depends. How do I build up from there and to be sure to maintain an under 7 minute mile. Also I have a knee problem and it hurts to run on track and treadmill so any expert runners have any tips for a more cushiony run?


Answer
Wear good shoes, stay on soft surfaces such as grass when possible..
To run a target time you need to work on that pace, and that usually means to run intervals of a shorter distance with recovery between the repeats.
Once or twice a week you can run repeat 400's staying under 1:45, try to do 5 or 6 with a rest of 2:00 between. You can also do a tempo run once a week where you run at 85% of maximum speed for much of your run.
If you run on grass you need to find an area that is flat without holes or rocks that will injure you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How soon can i build endurance - running?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment