Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What to wear in Ireland in April?

best running shoes dublin
 on RUNssel - advanced jogging: Racereport 2010-02: 26th Annual Raheny 5 ...
best running shoes dublin image



Daisy Girl


My husband and I are going to Dublin, Ireland area around April 19th. We are trying to figure out what to wear. Are jeans and running shoes fine? Should we both get some waterproof boots like Bogs? From all I've read I think we will need good rain jackets and umbrellas. But other than rainboots or sneakers, what kind of walking shoes should we bring? If it is raining and wet we don't want to wear leather shoes. What do people wear with Khakis? Thanks!!!
And also, does anyone know if they have Diet Coke in Ireland?



Answer
Yes, Diet Coke is available in every shop and supermarket in Ireland.

Unless you plan on hiking through boggy mountains or mucky fields, you won't need waterproof boots. You are likely to encounter showers in April, but they shouldn't last long, and you could do as we do, just shelter until each is over.

You can check the 5-day weather forecast http://www.met.ie/forecasts/5day-ireland.asp before you come. At present (and promised for next week too) daytime temperatures pleasantly around 13°C, quite nice in the sunshine, but night down to about 4°C, and we have had no rain in my area for several weeks. Last week was exceptionally nice, sunshine up to 22°C. Last year April was very warm and sunny, but that is no guarantee it will be the same this year.

Jeans and running shoes are fine, and bring a cardigan or fleece. Dress in layers and you can add or subtract as necessary. A light waterproof is a good idea, though I live here and have a couple of jackets but don't own a raincoat or umbrella. Bring any comfortable walking shoes, leather if you want to. My current typical day wear is jeans, T shirt, cardigan or fleece.

How does one become a world traveler?




langsuyar


Where do you start when you want to visit interesting places but have very little money (as in recent college grad = no money)? How about when you're shy?


Answer
I consider myself a world traveler. I've been to Europe, Asia, Africa and all over North America and am in my early thirties. Being a world traveler, in my defintion, is someone who makes traveling the world part of their life style and not just one big once in a lifetime whirlwind trip. Make travel a part of your lifestyle and plan. As Rick Steves says, don't try to do everything in one trip. Expect that you'll go back!!!

Basically, I have put travel as a priority in my life. In my profession, I could afford a BMW, the very nice clothes, shoes and furniture and a maid to clean for me once a week.

Instead, I choose to priortize travel. I did that when I was in college and I do it now as a professional. Trust me, the little things add up. The cost 10 DVDs can buy you a plane ticket from Dublin to Prague. The cost of 3 pairs of mid range designer sneakers or shoes can buy you a Eurrail pass.

Where to start - I started as a baby..but my first solo adult trip was when I was 18 and went to Montreal. Montreal is a good way to test your wings as French is the primary language yet it's really cheap for Americans and a short flight.

As for shyness - trust me, it goes away with experience and time. One of the great confidence boosters in life is being in a foreign country with no money and no language skills and coming out of it just fine! You'll find, too, that you'll run into other travelers who will just strike up conversations with you. Look at them as possible resources and talk about your trip or where to go next. Also, all-inclusive tours are very expensive but hour-long or day tours of cities or day excursions to outlying areas are not. That can be an excellent way to learn about a new city and meet other travelers. In foreign countries they tend to group you by your spoken language on a day tour.

I have no idea if I answered your question or not, but in summary:
1. Priortize travel in your discretionary expenses
2. Start simple on destinations (Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto, London, Dublin)
3. Realize when you're shy, traveling and that moment in time gives you something to talk about. Put yourself in structured situations like a day tour to meet new people




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What to wear in Ireland in April?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment