Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Carpet burn feel on feet after running?

best running shoes people with bunions
 on Asics running shoes for men. Our site provides current information on ...
best running shoes people with bunions image
Q. I have recently just started running every other day. Lately, my feet feel as though they have carpet burn. Just walking around is very sore on the bottoms of my feet. I have proper fitting shoes (rather expensive running shoes, I might add), and I have been wearing so called running socks, I don't know if they are really any better than regular socks though. Anyway, I've tried lotions and ice, neither seem to help. Any ideas? Has anyone else had this problem?


Answer
That's a common problem especially with beginning runners whose feet are smooth and not tough for running multiple miles. The carpet burn feeling is generally caused by friction and is either caused because your shoe is too tight, too large, wide or narrow. Make sure your shoe is ventilated especially if your running on concrete or track surface. Also make sure your shoes are flexible not to hard of a sole. Good brands to run is Asics Gel, Saucony or Nike Air. Try socks that are blister free with good material such as cool max, bamboo, cotton mix or wool. For instance, some runners like Injinji toe socks. Make sure your socks aren't rubbing against your shoe and feet.

The best solution to carpet burn is using runners lube or antiperspirant deodorant on your feet such as Degree or secret. You can use Vaseline too however this would be for more long distance events such as a marathon and if you have blisters or really bad foot problems such as bunions. However, first try if the anti-perspirant doesn't help. This will prevent too much sweating and should cool your feet and carpet burn. Your feet will also smell better. Good luck and keep your feet cool. Keep icing them until your feet feels better.

What is a nice pair of running shoes for someone with bad feet?

Q. I have bunions (one surgically removed) and basically, weak feet run in my family.

If you have a link, that would be great. :-)
A bunion just means the bones grow funny on the outer portions of my feet. How is that gross?!


Answer
http://orthopedics.about.com/od/sportsinjuries/tp/bunion.htm

tada!

http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/27252/

I don't have bunions but I can recommend New Balance for a running shoe. I run just under five miles, 5 days a week and I wear Adidas and New Balance. I would recommend upgrading your running shoes often, (I give mine 6 months and then buy new ones) and having at least one pair dedicated solely to running. Good luck, Cas!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Carpet burn feel on feet after running?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment