Sunday, February 9, 2014

Heel pain everytime i walk?

Q. everytime i walk , my feet hurts in the sole or the heel. i think it has to do with my leather boots or heel. but what can i do to stop the constant pain in my heel? If i press my heel, it hurts badly! its been about 4 years now. Anyone have any suggestion?


Answer
Hello,

From your description it is difficult to determine the exact cause of your pain, but it sounds like "Plantar Fasciitis"

In order to provide you with the best possible assistance and diagnosis, please answer these short questions.

1) Is it extra painful in the first steps in the morning?
2) Does the pain go away after rest?
3) Does it also hurt when you are not standing/walking?
4) Do you have high or low arches?
5) What kind of shoes you usually wear (day to day)?
6) Where exactly is the pain located in your heel?
7) Is it painful in both feet?

Here are some suggestions for things you can do right now.

* Ice your heel/arch at least 4 times a day - You can roll a frozen bottle on the floor with your foot.

* Buy off the shelf gel inserts that you can wear in your shoes.

* Stretch your legs and feet before activity or before getting out of bed in the morning.

* Avoid wearing "cheap" shoes like flip flops - they provide no support for your arches.

Again, if you can answer my questions above I will be able to help you further.

You can write to me directly if you prefer, my email is in my profile.

Good luck and feel better!

What walking shoes would you recommend to minimize heel pain?




johnxspeak


Chronic heel pain. Moderate, but not debilitating. I'm always on a quest to find the perfect shoe.


Answer
Z-Coil shoes. They are not beautiful, but work miracles on foot pain. I work 9-10 hour shifts on my feet all day, and these have taken away my severe heel and arch pain. My feet are still a little sore after a long day, but I think that is normal.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Heel pain everytime i walk?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment