Wednesday, February 12, 2014

what women's athletic shoe has the best support for super high arches?

Q. has anyone else dealt with this issue? working out and feeling like the arch of your foot has zero support? let me know what you came up with with. thanx!


Answer
i have like no arch at all. But asics have great shoes for issues like this.

which women's athletic shoe that looks good and has a wider toe span would you recommend?




kar


I wear athletic shoes a lot, but after a few hrs; they hurt my feet. I have one leg that is a little longer than the other so I have to use a small lift in the other shoe, which pushes that foot more toward the toe area. I actually have quite a narrow heel and my arch is not high. I wear a size 9. I want something that looks good but is also cushioned and comfortable. Hope someone can help. thanks


Answer
Your best option would be going to a dedicated running store, like road runner sports, or fleet feet for example. There professionals will have you do a few short tests (for free) that will help out tremendously. They'll find out what type of shoe is right for you (there are 3 basic types of running shoes, support/cushioning, stability, and motion control), and they should have all the shoes separated by type, and they'll even recommend some, and you can try on a bunch and test them out. And I think you have up to a month to return them, no questions asked. It probably depends on the store, but at the road runner near me they offer custom fit insoles for $70 that are phenomenal. They last ~1000 miles worth of running, and do the same thing as insoles prescribed by doctors that cost 2-3x as much.
My favourite brand is brooks, but everyone is different. I knew people who swore by asics, saucony, nike, etc. The flats they sell at running stores are going to be a bit pricey though, I payed $130 for mine. But they're well worth it. After 2 hours of sprinting/hurdle practice 5 days a week, my feet felt fine. There are of course shoes that cost less, and you can possibly find them online cheaper.

Edit: Oh one more thing, they do sell shoes in different widths. So you should be able to get a pair that fit perfectly.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: what women's athletic shoe has the best support for super high arches?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment