Saturday, September 14, 2013

Will wearing my running shoes all the time(even when I am not running or exercising) damage it?

best running shoes joints
 on Best Exercises for Stronger Feet and Ankles for Foot Health Awareness ...
best running shoes joints image



Johnny


I wear my running shoes to college during the day and attend my friends wearing it at night. Is it bad for my running shoes?


Answer
It's a damage you can't see, but will feel. The recommended "Life" of a running/training shoe is around 300 miles, meaning that after you pound the shoe on the road, track, or trail/treadmill, you crush the cushioning which reduces the protection for your knees and joints. Also, when you walk you put a different heal wear on the shoe then you do with a running stride and that may wear the heal so that when you run the shoe strikes a little off the normal striking point changing your gait and your balance. When I find a really comfortable running shoe, I try to buy another just like it to wear for non-running. So wearing the shoe all the time will shorten it's running life faster.

Can cross country running shoes be worn on normal roads for long mileage?




Kima


I have a comfortable pair of Asics cross country spike sneakers. I'm curious how it would hold up to running on the road for long mileage . I've only run in normal running shoes on the road. Has anyone done long mileage with spikes on the road or ran a half-marathon or marathon in them? Is it like wearing normal running shoes? anything to be aware of? are feet any more or less susceptible to injury?


Answer
Do you mean racing flats/spikes? You really shouldn't wear them for anything but a race. For one, the actual metal spikes are going to be very uncomfortable if you are using them on asphalt. They are meant for dirt and grass. For another, they do NOT have enough support for your feet. Racing shoes are light and have little cushioning to make you faster. If you wear them regularly on long runs, you WILL get hurt. It's bad for your feet and joints! People in marathons or half-marathons usually wear regular running shoes because spikes really don't help a whole lot at that distance. Please, please wear your normal running shoes.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will wearing my running shoes all the time(even when I am not running or exercising) damage it?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment