Sunday, September 8, 2013

What should women wear to jog outside?

best running shoes women jogging
 on Women's running shoes, apparel and sports bras, running shoe
best running shoes women jogging image



Oreo Princ


I have to run today with a group at 7pm and I don't know what to wear. I am 23yo and I don't have cellulite, but I still feel embarrassed to show too much skin in public. I don't want to pass out from heat stroke however.


Answer
wear something that's not too tight or show certain parts of your body.A baggie sweat shirt,sweat pants and nice pair of running shoes.don't forget some water and so forth dear

What are some ways to make my knee not hurt while running?




Anna


I don't know what's wrong with it, it's been sort of an on and off thing for like 2 years. I know it comes back when I do too much after a break from running. But it has been really hurting me when I run. Sometimes it will just I guess go numb after a mile and then right when I stop running it hurts really bad. So I know I shouldn't be running at all, but I need to. So what are some things I can do to make it not hurt when I run? Is there any stretches or warm up or exercises I should be doing? I'm 21 and a female if that matters.
I don't think it's runners knee, it doesn't hurt when I squat. I guess it does hurt when I go uphill, but not a great deal more than running on a level surface.



Answer
As women, we have to deal with the way our bodies are built; wider hips means that many times the angle from the hips down to the knee is more than those of guys.

That being said, there are several options/reasons for knee pain:
1. the right/wrong shoe. If you have feet that overpronate, for example (feet flop inward when you land) yet your shoes are neutral or made for underpronators (land on the outside of the foot), your shoes could be altering your gait in a bad way and that can affect the rest of your legs.

2. you could be overdoing your runs. If you don't run much or don't have a schedule of running (like 3 times a week at a certain mileage) and then head out and try to do a 9 miler, you can simply be overstressing your entire body, not just your knees. Overtraining or stressing your thigh muscles, putting too many miles too quickly can strain your calves, and both sets of muscles are anchored at the knees.

3. you have weak muscles around the knees. You can do a search for running sites, a decent one is runnersworld, that will show you exercises you can do to both strengthen and stretch your legs. Simple weight training is also a good idea to strengthen your leg muscles.

4. Why do you NEED to run? If it's for weight loss (this was my reason to start, too), it's really not going to help much other than working out your muscles. ON AVERAGE (caps for emphasis), a mile of running/jogging only burns about 100+/- calories. If you are trying to lose weight and right now are heavy (note: I'm 5'3 and 160 so I'm no featherweight), perhaps you can simply slow your pace a bit. When I first starting running (okay, jogging), I overdid it; ran too fast, in the wrong shoes and I was in full-body pain for a while.

lastly, if you get your gait analyzed (most running specialty shops will do it for you for a small fee or free, don't go to the big box stores like Sports Authority or Academy; people there are nice, but I have yet to find anyone there that actually runs), slowly as in don't just do one long run a week, increase your mileage, and do simple warm-ups (these should not be extreme, only really stretch after a run), and you still have pain, perhaps you should visit a sports physical therapist to see if they can help you.

And for those that will go on and on how running will destroy your knees, any kind of stress can seriously hurt your joints, but read this:
http://runclyderun.com/2010/04/06/does-running-ruin-your-knees/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What should women wear to jog outside?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment