Monday, September 9, 2013

"Motion control"- How will I know if my shoes do/don't have it?

best athletic shoes overpronation
 on Sports shoes for running, gym and tennis - a UK buyer's guide.
best athletic shoes overpronation image



sosoniki


My foot doctor told me that for my specific foot problems, I should stay clear of "motion control" in my athletic shoes.

I want to know how to be sure my shoes DON'T have it.

I'm shopping at Marshal's & discount stores, so: ask a salesperson isn't the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks for your answer.



Answer
They're designed for extreme overpronation, so you'll usually notice something like very thick, firm rubber/plastic along the inner part of the shoe to keep the foot from turning inward.

You can look up specific models of shoes to know if they're designed that way or not too.

What's a good running shoe for someone 200 pounds and up?




Psychic Ha


Many of the shoes look pretty frail.


Answer
Runners in this weight range often need good cushioning since weight is first and foremost, a big factor to stress. You need good shock absorbers and stress relievers. Check shoes for sufficient cushioning and support. Make sure they will give good stability to your joints and soles.
It also depends on your foot shape and it's movement. Do you have a normal foot, flat foot, or high-arched foot?
The Flat Foot has a probability towards overpronation of the foot that strikes on the outside of the heel and rolls inward excessively; over a period of time this may lead to different types of overuse injuries. It is normally recommended to use motion-control or stability shoes with firm midsoles and control features that reduce the degree of pronation, and to stay away from highly cushioned, curved-lasted shoes that lack stability and control.
You should wear cushioned shoes if you are a runner who needs maximum midsole cushioning and minimum medial (arch-side) support. These shoes are best suited for biomechanically efficient runners (you don't overpronate), and midfoot or forefoot strikers. Runners who do best in cushioned shoes often have moderate to high arches.
It would be a good idea to visit a specialty shop or a shop that sells various foot wear and accessories for athletes and sports enthusiasts if you're unsure which category your feet fall in. There are several good brands and types of running/walking/athletic shoes, but the key is finding the right ones for you, whatever the brand. I love my New Balance, but you might be happier with a different brand.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: "Motion control"- How will I know if my shoes do/don't have it?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment