Monday, September 9, 2013

The arch of my foot hurts with my new running shoes. Normal?

best running shoes no arch
 on May 9th 2011 , Athletic Shoes , Ameer Khan , 0 comments
best running shoes no arch image



zaza


I usually wear flip flops daily and I I just bought new asics running shoes and the arch of my foot hurts really bad after about 10 min. of just walking. Is this Normal? Will it subside eventually?


Answer
well flip flops have no arch.. and if you flat footed and you try to put on a shoe with a lot of arch you will feel discomfort. Yet it should subside fairly quickly. I'm completely flat footed and got fit for a running shoe that has atremendouss arch and it took me about 20minutes of running to adjust to them and after a week i couldn't feel a difference.

What's the best type of running shoe for moderate overpronation and neutral arch?




omeboy487


What's the best type of running shoe for moderate overpronation and neutral arch?
I am trying to look for new running shoes. I am picking up running again slowly after having "runner's knee" and am looking for the best type of shoe that will give me lots of cushioning and also work with some slight overpronation. i heard that brooks and asics were good. i was wondering about adidas and of any other specific type of shoe out there that may be worth giving a try.



Answer
I'd recommend going to a sports/running shoe store with staff knowledgeable enough to help answer your questions. I live in San Diego and when I got back into running I went to a place here (plug plug: San Diego Running Institute) that put my feet through a barrage of tests before they gave me my running shoe.

They had me walk across a pressurized mat (hooked up to a computer) to tell how weight was distributed across the bottom of my foot as I walked. This along with other measurements helped them to pick out a running shoe that worked great for me.

Not sure where you live or if there is an equivalent store, but I'd ask around. Sorry, I don't know any brands off the top of my head to help with your problems.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: The arch of my foot hurts with my new running shoes. Normal?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment