Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I need a good pair of shoes for work, any suggestions?




Candace


I am a preschool teacher and I stay on my feet all day. I'm also a little overweight. I've been wearing a pair of Sketchers casual shoes (called Women's Bikers - Point Blank) but my feet are killing me. I love the look of my Sketchers, but I think they are killing my feet. I feel like I'm developing a tailor's bunion and the tips of my big toes are numb. Obviously, I need better shoes! But before I invest a good chunk of money on a pair of shoes, I am looking for suggestions.

I have suffered from plantar fasciitis in the past and it flares up occasionally, I'm fairly sure I am developing a tailor's bunion on the side of my right foot, and the tips of both of my big toes are constantly numb (but the color of my toes is good, they look normal). I'm on my feet all day at work. I wear a lot of khakis and I dress more casually, but I don't think athletic sneakers would really be work appropriate. Does anyone have any suggestions for nice looking (please, no nurses shoes), casual but work appropriate shoes that will help me feet? Remember, too, I'm just a preschool teacher so I doubt I can spring for shoes over $100 (without saving for a couple of months first, LOL).

Thanks in advance :)
I can't afford a trip to a podiatrist. I have no medical insurance (I teach preschool at a private school and make not much more than minimum wage). I haven't been on a vacation in years and I have the same TV I had when I was in high school 12 years ago (no flat screen here). I don't get to indulge in luxuries in my life in my present job (I'm looking for other employment, but so far, no luck). If I want to see a podiatrist, I'll have to save up for months and months. I'd kinda like to get a decent pair of shoes in the mean time.



Answer
Try Aerosoles....very comfy and fashionable shoes. Reasonably priced too. Good luck!

How can a woman look more appealing and approachable?




jecesa


I've always been told that I look like a librarian. I'm asking for advice about how to look less like a librarian and more like someone you'd want to know.

I don't get asked out anymore and miss having a boyfriend. Although I know that being approached isn't all about looks, I'd like to improve on the outside to help improve my first impressions at least. I'm short, currently overweight but with a good figure at every weight I've been and pretty good legs. I have waist length fairly straight hair -sometimes with bangs. I wear glasses (tried contacts and they aren't workable). I know how to do makeup in a variety of ways - from nearly invisible to just even skin tone, conceal dark circles; to do more dramatic makeup, and everything inbetween, but most days I don't do any. I'm middle aged taken for 30-35 and act around 30-35 (or younger) but my 50th birthday is in the past.

I'm not going to post my picture, but when people comment on my looks, the comments about my face include lovely, pretty, and occasionally beautiful. I have big dark eyes that look sad to me. Although I can be quite chatty, I am anxious when I meet people or go in public and I'm working on this. I think I might wear a quite serious face when I'm not talking.

I don't dye my hair - it's dark brown with random strands of grey, but everyone who comments on the color assumes I'm dyeing it to keep it brown. (in other words, I don't have the grey that many have at my age).

I used to dance ballet, so my posture is usually great, but I am self-conscious about being overweight, so that might have a negative influence on how I present myself. (trying to think of everything lol)
I don't currently have the clothes I'd like to wear. I'd *like* to wear dresses and wedge type heels, but spend most days in black jeans, t-shirts or layered tops. I also wear athletic shoes most of the time due to back & knee pain, but have recently been acquiring sandals I can manage.

I believe it looks best to always have a pedicure and manicure, but only sometimes have them both.

In public, random guys sometimes ask me if I'm married and if they can have my number, but it's always some rough looking, apparently less than well-educated random guy at a convenience store. Or, guys I would consider stare at me. But I'm looking to attract men who are acquaintances from activities and groups, so I know something about who they are, who they know, etc. I'm not seeking random strangers lol. Advice, please. (and don't be mean) ty



Answer
try some bright orange in your outfit somewhere. Also skinny jeans, but not to skinny, would make you more friendly looking. Also, instead of waiting for an approach, go approach some one yourself.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I need a good pair of shoes for work, any suggestions?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment