Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sandals, skate shoes or Docs?




dawhitfiel


I've been dealing with a nagging knee injury for over a couple of months. On a daily basis should I be wearing sandals, skate shoes or Dr. Martins to work? Those are the only real options, though I may get some running shoes soon. My current cross trainers hurt my feet if I walk very far in them. I have some LeBron's but I don't think they go very well with the work clothing.


Answer
I have Juvenile Arthritis and my mom was always telling me to get a decent pair of leather shoes,because I'm always wearing Vans,and Converse. I finally got a pair of Doc's today,and I loooovvvvveeeee them!!!!! I also have knee problemos and these boots feel so sturdy!! And they are quite the stylish boot also.....Anyhoo,apparently it takes ages to break them in,the people in the shop told us between 6 weeks and 6 months!! But that's if you havn't worn Doc's before.
I'd advise you to go with the Doc's,because they have good,strong arch supports,and this will help with the knee too. As for skate shoes,I have them too,and there is not much of an arch support there.....so DOC'S!!!!!!

Pain in knee area when running?




Destiny Ja


I really don't stretch before I work out. For the past 3-4 months I have been going to the gym 5-6 times a week and running for 1 hour straight. For the past month or two now I have stopped my gym membership because I started getting pain in my knee area when I would run or walk for a long amount of time. I am 18. When I used to crack my knuckles a lot and when it would be cold outside I would feel like arthritis kind of thing on my knuckles that was painful but like discomforting painful. And that's how my knee area feels. At night it would hurt the most when I lay down and rest it. It like throbs..and it also throbs on my lower leg area by my ankle on the backside of my leg, but I know the pain is coming from my knee. Any advice? Has anyone had anything kind of like this?


Answer
First of all, the type of shoes you are running in can make a huge difference. There could be a number of different issues going on with your knee. Two that immediately come to mind are either an issue with your illiotibial band which runs along the outside of the knee, or your patella/knee cap.

Especially when running, it is very important to stretch before but more importantly, AFTER you run. Having the chain reaction from your knee that is causing calf and ankle pain could easily stem from the knee injury. I wish I could give you an exact diagnosis, but I am not a doctor.

My suggestion though is rest. Generally immediately after an injury or overuse injury, ice is good. Since it has been awhile, I would suggest ice and heat and Aleve. Remember that when you run, two to three times your body weight is coming down with impact, so it is very easy to develop a problem. If it persists, just take a visit to the doctor, but make sure you note what you have done in attempt to remedy teh problem. Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Sandals, skate shoes or Docs?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment