Sunday, November 3, 2013

Should I buy new running shoes? Is this pain caused by my shoes?

best running shoes vibram
 on Men's Vibram FiveFingers Minimalist Running Shoes - Serious Running ...
best running shoes vibram image



INDIRA G


It's offseason for my football team and we are conditioning now. Lately I have noticed that as soon as I put on my running shoes, I almost instantly get shin splints, ankle pain, and knee pain. The pain increases when I actually start jogging or sprinting. Could this pain be caused by my running shoes? I have been considering buying minimalist shoes (Vibram) or maybe even Zigtechs to get rid of the pain. Basically, are my current, normal Avia shoes the cause of pain?


Answer
Hi Indira,

It is quite possible that you are an overpronating runner and require a shoe that will keep your feet from rolling inwards. When you overpronate, you put extra stress on your shins and ankles which causes the shin splints you are experiencing.

For a better explanation see:

http://www.runpals.com/buy-running-shoes.html

Luckily about 45% of runners are also overpronators and your shin splints can be easily fixed. A couple of my favorite shoes for moderate overpronators are:

1) Asics Kayano - one sweet shoe
http://www.runpals.com/asics-kayano.html

2) New Balance 1226 - an aggressive trainer good for football
http://www.runpals.com/new-balance-1226.html

3) Nike Lunarglide 2 - awesome lightweight shoe to keep you fast
http://www.runpals.com/nike-lunarglide-2.html

Check out these options and see which you like best. All these shoes will definitely help your shin splints so you can focus on enjoying football!

Best of luck!

What are some lightweight running shoes that also have great knee and ankle support?




Me


I run on an average of 7-8 miles a day and the shoes I have now are New Balance and have extra support, but are starting to get really heavy and weigh me down when I run.. I've had bad knee ankle and hip injuries and so support is also a major factor when I buy my running shoes. Are there any shoes out there that you would suggest has both support and are lightweight?


Answer
Fila skele toes or vibram five fingers skele toes are cheepest good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I buy new running shoes? Is this pain caused by my shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment