Saturday, December 28, 2013

Is one month before a marathon too late to change running shoes?

best running shoes marathon
 on ... Shoes 'Revolutionise' Marathon Running? | Technology | huffingtonpost
best running shoes marathon image



ricko


Actually, I have had my current running shoes for 7 months only and they feel fine but I am training for a marathon so I dont know if I should just go ahead and change shoes now just in case. No current problems with the shoes I have now but of course I am worried that they may be worn out by the marathon which is still a month and a half away.


Answer
Not really.
First of all, if you've trained in the same pair of running shoes, they may very well be worn out by the time you get to the Marathon. Thus, if you start using a new pair a month ahead of time, they will be properly broken in by the time Marathon Day arrives.
Remember that old shoes will not have the same foot protection as newer ones. When running 26.2 miles, you NEED that protection!

As a rule, running shoes are generally worn out by the time they reach 500 miles. It is not worth the risk to run a marathon in shoes that are 500 miles old.

By the way, which marathon are you planning to run?

Good luck, and good running!

What features should I look for in good running shoes?




numbersnum


I'm planning on running a marathon next year, and wondering what features I should be looking for in a pair of running shoes to best suit the role, e.g. flexibility, materials?

I want my feet to be comfortable, even while running on hard surfaces like tarmac and concrete.

Price isn't really a concern - I'd be willing to pay upwards of 100 euro, or 140 dollars for a decent pair of shoes.



Answer
go to a good running shoe store. Try on different shoes until you find a pair that fits your foot.
All major brands make good shoes. Be sure you get a shoe that is made for your size and weight, has enough cushion and support.
You should get about 500 miles out of a new pair, but it is best to own a couple of pair so you do not wear the same shoes all of the time.
Get at least 2 pair and swap out every few days.
You will need a different pair for the race, which will be a lighter shoe.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is one month before a marathon too late to change running shoes?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment