Sunday, December 22, 2013

Are spikes or just regular running shoes good for cross country?

best running shoes gravel
 on Reebok Men's Flexride Road IV Running Shoe,Black/Gravel/Pure Silver ...
best running shoes gravel image



Amina


I'm doing cross country in may, for my first time. and i need to train for the 2 months i have. so do you think once i start cross country i should buy spikes or just regular running shoes? i saw that other people have them for track but that different. but spikes look better to me! but idk! and please give an answer if u actually do cross country!!


Answer
Honestly it wouldn't hurt if you had a pair of both spikes and regular running shoes. Cross country spikes are just about the same as track spikes, the only difference i'm aware of is the length of the spikes you put in the shoe. Track spikes tend to be shorter while XC spikes are considerably longer in order to get you more traction.

Cross country courses can be pretty unpredictable, they are usually run off road through grass, hills, mud, woods, etc, and I HAVE experienced XC courses where footing has been an issue, whether it be on wet grass, mud or hills. Spikes also do help a little with your speed because they're light and they allow to get more push off of the ground. So on courses where you think you're going to need more traction then your regular running shoes it would be good to have a nice pair of spikes.

But, some courses run you across gravel and pavement, in which case wearing spikes can not ruin your spikes by grinding them down but also slow you down and actually make you more tired, because the spikes don't dig into the ground and you end up running on top of them, in races like that it's much better to wear either regular running shoes or racing flats.

Is the first of the first chapter in my book good?




Breeanna


I listen to the soft thuds that my feet make against broken gravel, while noting just how soft the noise has gotten. It seems like it has gotten softer every day, as my legs move quicker, and my brain comes up with better escape tactics. It might also have something to do with the new running shoes I have, well not exactly new, just new to me.
I see an old abandoned store up ahead, but I can also feel my muscles screaming, and I can hear my pursuers catching up with me. I try to pick up my pace, and it feels like my throat is going to close in while my lungs explode into a million pieces. No big deal, right? I make a split decision to dive into the woods once I get to the point in the curve in which my pursuers will be unable to see me. The plan runs through flawlessly, of course. Now I find a spot to conceal myself in case the knuckleheads think to look for me out in here. I sit and wait, but no sounds come. Although I believe they moved on to look somewhere else I make a calculated decision to wait it out.
I think of all the intense training my parents pushed me through, and I understand now that by being able to keep myself alive I am honoring their memory and enabling them to be proud of me despite my one great cowardice. Not that I believe they are angry with me, just disappointed.
Once I am sure the coast is clear I leave my hiding spot to go and hide inside an old broken down building a little ways up the road. Inside I find that this used to be a furniture store. Although the things in it were covered in dust and many had been chewed by rats, it was better than anything I had slept on in a couple of weeks. I lie down on one of the most decent looking beds and fall into a deep dream filled sleep.
Today is a happy day, the kind of day that is filled with smiles and laughter all around. I am with my parents, and my dad is once again reminding me how important the journal is. The journal has been in my family ever since my grandfather started it when the Paranormals first started taking over 40 years ago. Ever since my grandfather died my dad has added in everything he has learned of the paranormals as they have rose in power over the last decade and a half. The journal is crucial to be able to survive.
My parents seemed to be dressed up for some type of an occasion; Mom is wearing dark slacks with a light colored button up blouse, while Dad is wearing khaki pants and a collared shirt. They keep exchanging secret knowing looks, and look happier than I have seen them in a long time. For the first time I notice my own appearance of a sheer white cotton dress that shows off the dark tints in my wavy brown hair. I also notice that I am not wearing shoes which must mean that we are planning to stay in the soft valley grass in which we are in, and it makes me wonder where we could be going.
My dad looks back at me and with a smile of joy and excitement on his face says âHappy Birthday darling, I cannot believe you are turning 14 already!â
My birthday? Hmm, it seems like I would remember it being my own birthday. Oh, well things tend to stay pretty hectic around here.
The subtle breeze was blowing my hair around my shoulders, and it didnât seem to strike me as odd when we came upon an innocent sounding little girl twirling around and singing nursery rhymes. Some part of me seemed to remember that there was no such thing as an innocent little girl in our world anymore, but higher reasoning did not seem to apply in this situation.
As we moved closer to the small girl I could make out golden curls flying in the wind. The girl tripped and fell over and fell into a fit of giggles, her cheeks dimpling with the new found joy. The scene seemed perfect, and it seemed perfectly natural for my mother to want to move towards the girl and help her up. I look over to my father and notice that he too seemed to be watching the scene with a smile of drunken happiness.
When my mom was within arms reach of the little girl, her face morphed into her true nature. Big puffy blue lips, teeth, pointed and sharp, capable of ripping a person limb by limb. Her cold white eyes looked upon my mother mercilessly, but it was too late to run.







**** Please remember that this is only the first of the chapter and therefore you may be a little confused as to what is going on***
If anyone ever wants to check in on my book, I have the rest of that chapter and five more here. http://authonomy.com/books/56488/the-last-human-on-earth/read-book/#chapter Thank you so much for the reviews, and I am now in the process of going back and editing it.



Answer
I listen to the soft thuds that my feet make against broken gravel, while noting just how soft the noise has (gotten) = (((become))). It seems like it has (gotten) = (((grown))) softer every day, as my legs move quicker, and my brain comes up with better escape tactics. It might also have something to do with the new running shoes I have, well not exactly new, just new to me.
(Paragraph)
I see an old abandoned store up ahead, but I can also feel my muscles screaming, and I can hear my pursuers catching up with me. I try to pick up my pace, and it feels like my throat is going to close in while my lungs explode into a million pieces. No big deal, right? I make a split decision to dive into the woods once I get to the point in the curve in which my pursuers will be unable to see me.
(Paragraph)
The plan runs through flawlessly, of course. Now I find a spot to conceal myself in case the knuckleheads think to look for me out (in)((("out here"))) here. I sit and wait, but no sounds come. Although I believe they moved on to look somewhere else I make a calculated decision to wait it out.

* The story is great, so far and you will make a great author ... just edit more, okay?
Proof read the chapter three times over keeping in mind "Is the story flowing along to the readers eye?"
Phrases and figures of speech are great if you are trying to set the scene or create an atmosphere but if you are simply writing slang that is common to your own area in your own country, then it becomes a little common in general .... such as .... "a little ways up ahead" ... "a little ways" is slang and casts a scene in the readers "minds eye" because your readers are from all over the world and I am in Australia, so I would say the phrase "No worries mate!" ... if my story was including a typical Aussie but I would not write "mate" if my story wasn't about that kind of person ... yet, it seems to lure the reader into the story, so use it if it fits.

Setting the story out onto the page a bit better will make it read easier and look good!

(My dad looks back at me and with a smile of joy and excitement on his face says
"on his face and he says" ...?
"on his face, he half sings the words ... "
"on his face, saying the words" ...
(Otherwise, "on his face says" ... is not correct English and makes the reader ponder and try to reread the sentence to understand fully what the author means by these words ... get it?)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Are spikes or just regular running shoes good for cross country?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment