Friday, December 27, 2013

What kind of athletic shoes should I get?

best running shoes to avoid shin splints
 on Basic Running Tips : How to Breathe While Running
best running shoes to avoid shin splints image



TC


I'm looking for shoes for playing tennis that will be lightweight, but also durable and help me avoid shin splints and knee pain. Any suggestions?


Answer
asics are always a decent choice. Brooks brand are well made, and I recently am trying Minzuno, which I havent tried for years but I like them. I usually pay $100 for a pair of shoes...I use them all the time, for running, and they hold up well...for about 6 months (I run marathons once a year). If you pay cheap...you get cheap.

Can anyone give me some tips on running properly to avoid shin splints?




HERMES


Please be specific on how I should take my steps. What's the proper way when my feet touch the ground? I know that I'm doing something wrong because my shins hurt everytime I jog. I have my running shoes for about 1.5 year, but I'm using shock absorber insoles.


Answer
Make sure you warm up well first. And try getting a new pair of shoes. I've been told that although the shoe may still look great, after a year the support tends to wear down - you just don't see it.

Here is some info I pulled off off the web for you. Hope it helps:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Apart from good footwear, what else can you do? I believe the following three preventative measures are not only very effective, but crucial.

Firstly, a thorough and correct warm up will help to prepare the muscles and tendons for any activity to come. Without a proper warm up the muscles and tendons will be tight and stiff. There will be limited blood flow to the lower legs, which will result in a lack of oxygen and nutrients for those muscles.

Before any activity be sure to thoroughly warm up all the muscles and tendons that will be used during your sport or activity. Click here for a detailed explanation of how, why and when to perform your warm up.

Secondly, flexible muscles are extremely important in the prevention of most lower leg injuries. When muscles and tendons are flexible and supple, they are able to move and perform without being over stretched. If however, your muscles and tendons are tight and stiff, it is quite easy for those muscles and tendons to be pushed beyond their natural range of movement. To keep your muscles and tendons flexible and supple, it is important to undertake a structured stretching routine.

Stretching HandbookStretching is one of the most under-utilized techniques for improving athletic performance, preventing sports injury and properly rehabilitating sprain and strain injury. Don't make the mistake of thinking that something as simple as stretching won't be effective.

For an easy-to-use, quick reference guide of more than 100 clear photographs of every possible stretch, for every major muscle group in your body, get a copy of The Stretching Handbook. You'll also learn the benefits of flexibility; the rules for safe stretching; and how to stretch properly. Click here to learn more about The Stretching Handbook.

And thirdly, strengthening and conditioning the muscles of the lower leg will also help to prevent shin splints. There are a number of specific strengthening exercises you can do for these muscles, but instead of me going into the details here, I have simply found another web site that has already done all the hard work. It explains a number of exercises you can do for preventing shin splints. You can find these strengthening exercises by going to http://www.watfxc.com/TF/TF%20Education/shin_splints.htm.

The above-mentioned article is the only other article I found that included a comprehensive section on shin splint prevention. If you're only interested in the strengthening exercises, you'll find them towards the end of the article. If however, you suffer from shin splints or you're looking for more information on shin splints, I recommend you read the entire article.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

* Rest. The sooner you rest the sooner it will heal.
* Apply ice or cold therapy in the early stages when it is very painful. Cold therapy reduces pain and inflammation. Cold therapy can be applied. More information about cryotherapy or ice application can be see in shin splints rehabilitation. Click for more detailed information about cold therapy.
* Wear shock absorbing insoles in shoes.
* Maintain fitness with other non weight bearing exercises.
* Apply heat and use a heat retainer or shin and calf support after the initial acute stage and particularly before training. This can provide support and compression to the lower leg helping to reduce the strain on the muscles. It will also retain the bodies natural heat. Heat causes blood vessels to dilate and increases the flow of blood to the tissues.
* Visit a sports injury clinic for treatment and rehabilitation.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of athletic shoes should I get?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment