Monday, December 23, 2013

What kind of running shoes should I get?

best running shoes nike women
 on Pegasus Womens Running Shoes - BEST SHOES
best running shoes nike women image
Q. Well, my New Years resolution was to start working out (isn't it everybody's? :p) and I was wondering what kind of Nike running shoes should I get. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not getting Nike just because of the brand, I'm getting them because I've had the best shoe quality and performance from them. I'm a girl btw, looking for very light nikes, I'm also going to be doing chin ups/pull ups inbetween my running schedule, so if that makes any difference. And another thing, where can I get WOMEN'S sweatpants and shorts (like basketball shorts, I live in Dallas tx area) with pockets? I need somewhere to keep my phone while I'm working out, and I don't have enough to buy a arm case for my iPhone (I'm 14, so I really don't have money, but if I tell my mom I'm planning to work out, she'll gladly buy me the shorts and such, and I'll just ask for shoes for my b-day)
Also (sorry for all the extra "also" things...) The shoes need to be able to bear a full summer of marching band, band camp, and working out and even walking in the mall.
Links to shoes would be awesome! Thanks in advance


Answer
Nike Frees all the way. I'm in track and sometimes do cross country (depends if I want to do it that school year lol). I have 2 pairs, a Nike Free 3.0 and Nike Free 4.0 they just feel like you can do anything with them. The 4.0 feels more flexible and light, I love it. I wish they still had the Nike Free 2.0 in Finish Line though, the first Nike Frees were wider... so if you have really wide feet, the 3.0 and 4.0 will be narrow for you. I have wide feet, so it took time for me to adjust to the Frees I have.. it's fine now though.

Are children's running shoes the same as adult shoes in terms of quality and durability?




Kat K


I'm petite with small feet (a women's size 5, children's size 3.5) and have been shopping around for running shoes. I prefer Asics, but was wondering if the children's versions are the same as adult running shoes in terms of quality. I would like to save the money, but I don't want to compromise on quality, durability and fit.


Answer
Good question.
Within any given brand of running shoe, the quality is the same regardless of the age of the person wearing the shoe.
Think of it this way: Nike is not going to make a high-quality running shoe for adults, only to ruin their good reputation by making junk for the children. Those children grow up to become adult runners, and they will be adults for many more years than they will be children! If Nike wants to keep them as customers, they HAVE to make good shoes for them just as they do for adults.
Your last line says a lot, and it's absolutely right. You should never compromise when it comes to the quality of the shoes you are going to run in. They are your only form of protection when it comes to your feet.
All of my own runners are in training either for marathons or half-marathons, and we often talk about running shoes. Some of them think it's cool to get the ones that look sharp, but then they realize that the only thing that matters is not looks, but results! The "sharpest" running shoe in the world isn't worth a hill of beans if you wind up with sore feet or aching legs after just 3 miles. In short, it pays to get the best shoes.

Good luck, and good running!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What kind of running shoes should I get?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment