Sunday, January 19, 2014

What type of running shoes actually look good on a young girl?

best athletic shoes aerobics
 on ... Athletic Shoe Reviews : Answer Fitness�: Practical Fitness Advice for
best athletic shoes aerobics image



that RANDO


like for pe


Answer
converse are always cute, and so are pumas. stuff that looks really kind of athletic. white adult looking shoes often look like momshoes, which i don't like. make sure you wear low socks! you could always wear high tops of course, but lower shoes always work. when i say white adult shoes, i mean this:

http://www.cushionrunningshoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/cushion-running-shoes-Asics-GEL-Nimbus-11.jpg

that type of shoe is great, but the color just reminds me of middle-aged ladies doing aerobics. i prefer something more like this:

http://www.famousfootwear.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=72617&pg=1020425

hope i helped :)

Have you had to tailor your art to your illness?




Kara


I get frequent migraines. They have gotten worse over the years. I do see a doctor, and no it's not a big deal, very healthy. When younger, about 5 years ago at 20, they occurred less often and didn't bother me at work or during training. Now I have about 1 or 2 bad ones a week. What do you do when you have one come on during training. Have you tailored your martial art to fit the occasional bad headache? You can't roll when the head hurts that badly. Recently I have discovered that I have started moving differently. Now I try to deflect more, using energy against my opponent in sparring. Always have really, but I don't go as hard as I used to. Over the years how has your sparring changed? How has your element to training changed for age, illness, injury? The art itself doesn't change I know, but look at our shotokan stances. There are some I know that cannot get into those low stances of some of our kata.
I mean deflecting by using their energy against themselves.



Answer
Well kara I can tell you that back in my late 20s I started doing many of my workouts as well as any teaching in tennis shoes as much as I could. This helped cushion my feet, ankles, and knees on hardwood, and hard surface type floors and I have never had a knee operation unlike many of my friends in martial arts. Many of them can no longer kick or move as well as me either. I figured back then that if aerobics instructors, auto mechanics and such could develop back, knee, and foot problems because of all the impact then what must it be doing to me in my bare feet.

Now you hear about things like repetitive motion type injuries and grocery store checkers are a good example of a group that develops hand, arm, and shoulder issues from scanning zillions of items over that scanner at the check-out lane over time. I also was fortunate and picked up on this early on and so I was always careful in my approach to training, fighting, and competing.

When I fought in national tournaments in NASKA the eliminations would often be held on concrete arena floors. I would always wear a set of knee pads and skate board elbow pads under my gi so that I would not break my elbow or hurt my knee like some would if they were to land on it on that concrete. I still have them in one of my workout bags today even.

Before all that and when I fought full contact and trained for that I always made it a point to learn not only different training approaches and aspects to training but also the potential risks and ways of avoiding those. That approach has served me well as well as allowed me to teach and train others to a higher level while avoiding injury.

Today I take that approach and work with a lot of people training as well as fighters so that they better learn not just how to execute something but also ways of avoiding injuries while learning and training and what to watch out for. That partly stems from my earlier combat medic background in the military along with later having an interest in physical therapy and considering a degree and career in that at one time.

As for sparring and fighting today I started almost twenty years ago relying less on my raw physical and athletic abilities and moving a little less and throwing a little less. Instead I started relying more on my experience and anticipating and reacting better along with being more accurate and effective with the kicks, punches, and strikes that I throw. When rolling with someone I am also very careful to use my weight, leverage, and technique more and can rely on that more heavily than I did twenty years ago.

As for getting down in a low or deep stance I can still get down there; I just can't move out of it as effortlessly and easily as I could before so age does catch up with you. I have said before in this forum that if a person training in martial or fighting arts wants to train in them twenty, thirty, forty years from now then they need to be smart in their approach now, learning about some of these things and how best to approach them now; later, twenty years from now is too late. I go to one gym all the time and see a lot of fighters straining and tearing out their shoulders throwing a hook for instance because they pull their punch into the heavy bag instead of pushing it into the heavy bag and there is a huge difference. That's an example of what I am saying I think and how people learn things and training in them but maybe don't learn everything they should about it like they should. A good coach or trainer that knows his stuff though can tell you why that pulling motion, when doing a hook, causes shoulder problems for some fighters and that should be avoided when training and hitting a heavy bag.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What type of running shoes actually look good on a young girl?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment