Friday, January 24, 2014

What are the best shoes for a fine dining server to wear?

best running shoes large men
 on Casual Sports Men's Outdoor Wearproof Rubber & EVA Running Shoes ...
best running shoes large men image



MG24


I am a server at a casual fine dining spot. My feet and ankles are killing me... shooing pains up my legs to bottom of my toes. I need better shoes. They must be dress shoes and have a nice appearance... but I need the support of a running shoe. Help!


Answer
You need to go to the best shoe store in town, or the next largest place if you don't have a really good shoe store, and consult with someone who really knows shoes. Wouldn't hurt to go to a doctor, either. Maybe you can find out exactly what about your current shoes is causing such trouble. Can't tell from your avatar but I'm sure you're female, because men's shoes don't often cause this kind of thing. If you're wearing heels, that's probably most of the problem. You may have to go to much lower heels, or wider ones. There are dressy shoes that aren't going to kill your feet. They probably aren't going to be cheap but they're well worth it. I have some Ecco shoes, they might be worth looking at, but this isn't something you want to do online. Your feet and the prospective shoes have to be matched in person.

What is the best way to prevent Plantar Fasciitis?




Face on Fi


When ever I run more than 10 miles my feet kill me the next day. I strecth them, warm up, wear newer running shoes but nothing seems to work. Am I doomed with this forever?


Answer
Man I feel your pain. I cannot even walk or stand in the shop for more than a few minutes. Besides your streatches, my podiatrist recomended anti-inflamatory drugs like Ibuprophen or you can ask them for a prescription for Meloxicam which is a newer replacemment for drugs like Viaoxx that were pulled from the market. Also do ice packs for 20 minutes several times a day to keep swelling down. I also purchased Orthotics (Special shoe inserts) from my podiatrist. You can get ones like Dr Scholls from the drug stores but they are soft. The ones my podiatrist sold me were $35 and are like a very hard plastic that when I have my shoes on they press into and streatch the arch to keep that tendon flexible. My problem is that the bone spur resulting from having Plantar Fasciitis is probably too large as it gets inflamed way too fast. Looks like surgery is possible in the future for me.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the best shoes for a fine dining server to wear?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thanks For Coming To My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment